In this article, we are going to introduce 6 ways that can improve the battery life of your Windows 11 laptop.
Microsoft recently unveiled Windows 11 as its newest and best operating system for various home systems, laptops and tablets. This operating system is very different in appearance from the previous generation, Windows 10, and it should be considered as another attempt by Microsoft to design a Windows. As a result, it is natural to see that there is a big difference between the two generations.
Of course, Windows 11 has not yet reached the stability that Windows 10 has. As a result, you may encounter problems while performing various tasks. For example, sometimes the system crashes, does not respond to your commands, may cause you to die while there is really no problem, and there are many other things that naturally exist in the newly released operating system and you have to wait until These small and big problems can be solved over time with the release of various updates.
But one of the most important factors that can affect the user experience is battery life. This is not the case for desktop computers, but for most laptop owners, as it is the users whose device uses the battery as the power supply.
The battery life will be affected. Most of the time, if this is true, it will have a negative effect on battery life. In some cases, there is no particular negative point at all. But if you are one of those users who have a problem with the installation of Windows 11 in terms of battery life, do not miss this article, because we will introduce 6 ways that you can improve the battery life of your laptop
6 ways to improve laptop battery life in Windows 11
It should be noted that with the help of these 6 methods, if your problem is not solved, the problem is definitely more serious and you have to wait for the release of the update Be on the side of Microsoft to improve the situation. Because sometimes such methods may not help you solve the problem.
1. Keep your system up to date.
2. Change the display settings.
3. Use power save mode.
4. Personalize your system power consumption.
5. Control the background activity of applications.
6. Speed up the process of putting the laptop to sleep.
Keep your system up to date
One of the suggested ways to fix any system problems is to keep them up to date. Always go to the section related to updates and check if an update has been published for your device or not, and if there is an update, be sure to download and install it. The update process is definitely faster after the initial release of any operating system, so you should get several updates after installing Windows 11. Therefore, never click on the option to stop updating.
Through its updates, Microsoft also sends several security patches to users, which can also ensure the security of the device. In the long run, this process of installing new updates can help you make better Use of the system and provide you with a more enjoyable experience.
Since Windows 11 is slightly different in appearance from previous Windows , We will teach you how to go to the update page and check if an update is available to you or not.
- Press the Windows key + I to open the Windows settings page .
- In the left panel, click on the Windows Update option, which is also the last option.
- In the page that opens, click on the Check for Updates option to let Windows look for the latest update released by Microsoft.
- If an update is available, the Download & Install option will be displayed. Which means download and install and you have to click on it. Otherwise, Windows will tell you that your device is up to date.
Change display settings
One of the most important factors that can affect a laptop's power consumption is its display. In general, the display is the most important part of a battery-powered device because it takes a lot of energy to keep it on. We see this in smartphones as well; The weaker the technology used in the display, the lower the performance of the phone in terms of battery life. On laptops, the technology used in the display is also effective, but things like high brightness can drain the battery quickly.
If you want to increase or decrease the brightness of the laptop screen in Windows 11, just do the same. Go to the Windows Quick Settings panel, but if you do not know how to do this, follow the path below.
- Press the Windows key + I to open the settings page.
- In the left panel, click System, which is also the first option in the list.
- In the page that opens, click Display to open the display settings.
- Below the Display option, there is a slide bar that you can swipe left and right to adjust the screen brightness.
3. Use Power Saver Mode
Just like Windows 10, there is a mode called Energy Storage in Windows 11 that the user can greatly reduce to save energy. It also does this by applying automatic settings in screen brightness control, restricting background activities and incoming notifications. You can even change the settings so that if the battery reaches a certain level, this feature will be activated automatically.
To be able to increase the battery life of your laptop in Windows 11 through power saving mode You can follow the instructions below.
- Press the Windows key combination + I to go to the Windows settings page.
- In the System section, click Power & Battery.
- In this section, click on the battery Saver option to activate it manually.
- If you want this feature to be activated automatically when the battery capacity reaches a certain level, you can from the drop-down menu in the section Turn battery saver on automatically at, Select the desired battery capacity to turn on this mode. This feature allows, for example, when the battery capacity is set to 40%, the energy saving mode is activated automatically, which we mentioned above in this mode to save energy. (As shown below).
4. Personalize your system power consumption
Power consumption is exactly the energy that a laptop uses as soon as it is turned on until it turns off. This means that whatever you do, your laptop will run out of power, and this power can be supplied from both the mains and the battery. But if the laptop is on battery, you know that you can not do heavy work with it. Especially processes or calculations that put pressure on all the internal components and as a result the device requires more energy from the battery.
There is a way in Windows 11 that can change the settings related to power consumption . Of course, you should not consider that by making changes in this section, the laptop can be used for a long time in heavy work without the need for charging. Apply whatever settings you have on your system, you still have to connect it to the charger for heavy processing. But for ordinary tasks, there are a number of techniques you can do to reduce power consumption slightly. Balance, choose one of the default power settings in your system.
- Best Performance: This mode is suitable for those who do not care about battery life and what They want the system to have higher hardware power and faster speed. Note that by activating this mode, although there is no significant change in the speed and power of the laptop, but the battery will be discharged faster than usual.
- Best Power Efficiency: This mode is more for those It is convenient that they want their laptops to have a longer battery life than normal. Compared to the default settings, you can Use your laptop for a longer period of time, but a number of other applications may not be running in the background, and the screen brightness control may be left to the laptop itself.
- Balanced: In this case, which is also called the default mode, Windows itself decides to have a certain amount of optimal consumption and on the other hand provides the user with enough power and speed to perform various tasks. .
If you want to customize these options to fit a pre-defined layout (by Windows itself) so that your Windows 11-based laptop has a longer battery life, you can follow the instructions. Follow the steps below.
- Press the Windows + I key combination simultaneously to open the Windows 11 settings page.
- In the left pane, click System, which is the first Click Option and then select Power & Battery.
- Under Power Mode, click Best power efficiency Click.
Note: Whether or not these settings are available on your system depends on the manufacturer and the type of hardware used in the system. As a result, some of you may not be faced with a range of options.
If you do not want to Use such predefined options to control the power consumption of your laptop, thanks to Windows 11 You can apply these settings to your device in any other way that suits your taste. To do this, follow the instructions below.
- Press the Windows + R key combination to enter the run search menu.
- Type Control in it and press Enter. (Enter) Tap on the keyboard or click OK.
- The Control Panel will open for you, you have to click on the View by option on the right side of this application and select Small Icons from the options.
- Now that the options have changed, click Power Options.
- In the menu that opens, click Change plan settings .
- According to the image below on the option Change advanced power settings Click.
- In the page that opens, you can specify what your computer consumes in terms of power consumption. Show self-esteem. For example, you can change the settings of your hard drive so that it turns off after a few minutes (of your choice) of inactivity to reduce power consumption. You can also reset it to the default settings if you are not satisfied with the changes made or made a mistake. Note that if you make any changes, first click on the Apply option and if you are satisfied, click on the OK option.
5. Control the background activity of applications
Running multiple applications in the background at the same time can cause the battery to drain quickly. Naturally, the more work your laptop does, the more energy it needs to be able to keep it all running. This energy, as mentioned, is supplied by the battery. To be able to control these activities, which in many cases are not necessary at all, follow these steps:
- Press the Windows + I key combination to enter the settings page.
- Then click System and Power & battery to enter the battery settings menu.
- At the bottom of battery Usage, check to see which app is most in the background It consumes power or what application is running in the background but you do not need it.
- If the application allows you to make changes, just click on the vertical dot next to it and say Manage background Select activity.
- In the page that opens, you can also change the settings for Let this app run in the background .
6. Speed up your laptop's sleep process
Another great way to increase your laptop's battery life in Windows 11 is to speed up its sleep process. There are times when you do not need a laptop at all, but the device is turned on and ready to use. In this case, to wait for an hour or more for the laptop to fall asleep (Sleep mode), just change the settings to make it happen sooner. To do this, follow the instructions below.
- Press the Windows + I key combination to enter the Windows 11 settings page.
- In the System section, click Power & battery .
- At the bottom of the Screen and sleep section, you can choose to put Windows to sleep a few minutes after inactivity. These settings are applicable whether the laptop is plugged in or not.
Although the headline refers exclusively to Windows 11, these settings in Other Windows can be run, but the main reason is that other Windows have achieved sufficient stability in terms of energy efficiency, and on the other hand, a series of settings have changed in Windows 11. So we decided to make this article as a guide to improve the laptop battery performance in Windows 11.
By following these simple but practical instructions, you can have the best experience working with your laptop. But note that these changes are not going to change the miracle and battery life. You may notice a noticeable improvement in performance, but the difference between them is not significant. If you have any ways to improve battery life in Windows 11, be sure to share it with us and other users in the comments section.
Source: MakeUseOfTags: use, se, methods, increase, battery, life, your, laptop, windows