It seems that the entire Twitch stream service was hacked by an unknown person and its complete information, including source code and streamers' revenue information, The format of a 125 GB file is located in the torrent. It is even said that the details of Amazon's new competitor for Steam are among the hacked information. He said the video because society considered them poisonous. Examination of the evidence shows that this information is true and covers almost all parts of the streaming service:
- Information about Twitch payments to content producers over the past 3 years
- Source Twitch code and comment history
- User information for mobile, desktop and console versions of Twitch
- Proprietary software SDK and internal services AWS
- We are not a competitor from Amazon Gaming Studio
- Twitch Internal Security Tools
- Any other Twitch assets including IGDB and CurseForge
This hacker has tagged this information in the first part, which means that there is probably more information available to this person who intends to publish it soon. Evidence suggests that Twitch was aware of the theft of its users' information but has not yet notified its user base. The database does not appear to contain any passwords or private information of users, but it is not possible to say with certainty whether this information has fallen into the hands of hackers.
Many Twitch users are already investigating. The file has been torrented and it is said that among the leaked information there are also users' encrypted passwords. In any case, Twitch users should not be unaware of changing the password and creating more security for their user information. Especially users who have registered their payment information and bank account on this site. Most likely, this big hack was due to the protest against the misuse of some users' information by Twitch service.