The health status of the working environment and employees is one of the most important factors for the progress of any organization and business, and managers and business owners should always pay attention to this issue. . While traditional workplace wellness programs may be costly and generic, they may not be suitable for everyone. technology helps us create personalized and accessible programs.
There is no denying the impact of technology in the workplace, from smartphones and wearables to messaging and task management applications, all in our mobile workplace. and they occupy a part of our working hours. But these technologies can also be used to manage the health status of employees and the work environment. workplace health programs seek to change the way organizations interact with the health status of their employees. Employers and managers can use metadata, intelligent analysis and other available technologies to support workplace health programs and help their employees receive the help they need.
Technology is a powerful tool for accessing information. , tracking the way of spending and following the health programs is considered. In the following, we will introduce you 4 methods that can be used to improve the health of the work environment and employees:
1. Employee health monitoring with wearable technologies
Wearable technologies and tools have become very popular these days and companies such as Fitbit and Xiaomi markets smart watches and health monitoring bracelets that have the ability to track users' activity levels and can be used for health programs in the workplace. these tools can help to diagnose the health status of the organization's employees and identify those people who are likely to have health problems.
By monitoring the health status of their employees, the employer can obtain information such as the mobility of people, the status Get heart rate, sleep quality, calories consumed and burned, etc. and prepare personalized programs for them based on that. Some organizations may be worried about the costs of such programs, but it should be considered that healthy and cheerful employees are the most important factor in the progress of any organization or business. As an employer, you can achieve capabilities with a small device like a smart bracelet that you might find hard to believe:
- You can identify issues that may become bigger problems in the future. do. For example, by monitoring the stress level of female employees, you can check issues such as the inequality of working conditions between men and women. There are other statistics that can help you set up a suitable wellness program for them. With the help of the information obtained, healthier habits can be developed in the workplace and by creating opportunities for employees to participate in activities related to It created health and productivity, such as holding meditation workshops, offering exercise services, using habit tracking apps, and the like. Also, in this way, they can be encouraged to build positive relationships with each other.
- By designing personal programs and health-related goals, such as running or walking challenges, you can improve the company's general culture in the areas of health and wellness. Productivity improved.
As mentioned, wearable gadgets are practical tools that can be used to collect data and analyze them, and then use these statistics to make the necessary changes in the work environment. used. If you think your employees are not active enough, you can encourage them to change their current habit with ideas such as offering a discounted gym membership, providing a space with a standing desk, and similar methods.
2. Developing Personalized Habits Based on Risk health Profiles
As mentioned earlier, a healthy workforce has a direct impact on positive work output, productivity, profitability and business retention. Smart health programs can improve the health status of employees by preventing common medical problems related to lifestyle and working conditions and pressures.
Artificial intelligence-based tools such as health monitoring applications and consultant chatbots are effective solutions. in terms of cost and ease of use) are finding their way to make positive changes in the workplace. With the help of these technologies, it will be easier for the employer to understand and manage the risk profiles based on physical, mental and lifestyle indicators, and he can design personalized health plans suitable for each person's needs.
In the following, some You can see the most important categories of health risks:
- Physical health and style risks Lifestyle, such as high blood pressure, diabetes, overweight, and smoking
- Mental health risks, such as depression and anxiety disorders
- Workplace safety risks, such as repetitive stress injuries >
If you are a manager or employer, consider how risk profiles can affect your employee's ability to maintain health and, as a result, maintain productivity in the workplace. For example, people with pre-existing conditions may need more personalized care plans. Here are some examples of personalized wellness programs that can give you a better idea of what this means:
Employee health Portal
You can ask your employees to take care of your apps. health to receive medical advice and support that improve health conditions by making lifestyle changes through nutrition, diet and exercise programs.
Your employees can Use telemedicine apps to schedule an examination by your doctors. This allows them to more easily ask their questions and get the answers they need and solve their concerns in the field of health virtually and within a few minutes with the help of expert doctors. Your employees can use virtual doctor apps to monitor health and check symptoms and have access to a comprehensive library of medical and therapeutic resources for various medical conditions.
Virtual Fitness Sessions
Virtual fitness sessions allow your employees to work out in group sessions and learn valuable fitness and health skills in addition to interacting more with each other.
Virtual Counseling Sessions
3. Measuring the effectiveness of workplace health programs with analytics
Organizations and businesses can use analytics Get a better understanding of how your employees feel about the work environment and its impact on employee productivity. Employers can use the data analysis obtained by measuring the current health conditions of the workplace and identifying the special needs of employees to evaluate the effectiveness of the organization's health programs. these statistics will help the employer to design and present targeted initiatives and determine programs for the health of employees and the work environment that respond to the key problems of employees. useful of data analysis:
- Collect employee health data such as performance data over time to identify trends and patterns that help understand employee motivations.
- This data can help analyze user feedback about their needs and goals and what they would like to see included in their health programs in the future.
- Analytical information helps organizations with information about job satisfaction, productivity and return on investment, measure the effectiveness of wellness programs.
- Get detailed information about each employee's medical conditions and provide personalized suggestions tailored to his conditions.
4. Conducting Advanced health Assessments Considering Risks and Safe Resources
Technology has the capacity to provide better and more advanced health assessments in the workplace and provide valuable information about it that can be used by employers, employees and health and safety experts should be used. Assessing health risks and planning a health plan is a good way to maintain safety and health standards in the workplace.
One of the many ways available is for organizations to conduct such assessments through online questionnaires. . these types of questionnaires collect information about the work environment, health habits and lifestyle from the organization's employees.
Technology redefines workplace health programs
The implementation of workplace health programs can be costly But with the spread of digital technologies in the workplace, they can be used as accessible tools to improve the health of employees. technology can play an important role in helping to improve the health conditions of employees. Smartphones and wearable devices can track activity levels, sleep habits and other health factors of employees and with the information they get, pave the way to make changes in their health status.
But all these things require creating a culture that promotes these changes and positive habits, because technology is only a tool to help Automating, speeding up and improving the process is discussed.
- 9 strategies to maintain physical and mental health in the workplace
Source: Make Use Of< /p>