If Windows does not allow you to run a program, there may be many reasons. If Windows 10 shows you the "This App Can't run on Your PC" error, there may be several Reasons behind this problem. Sometimes the program is incompatible with your system, and sometimes you have entered the wrong account or the installation of a program is not complete! So to fix the software not running error on Windows 10, we have to try different ways.
Fortunately , There are several solutions to this error that you can try and check. In this article from BingMag, we will review seven ways to fix this error for you. So if you would like to learn the problem of software not running on Windows 10, follow us to the end of this fascinating article.
1) Check the version
if You have made a big mistake by downloading and installing an application without checking its features. Sometimes, a program is completely incompatible with your system, and by installing it, you only increase the number of errors on your computer. For example, you can not run a program that is compatible with the 64-bit version of Windows 10 in Windows 10 with the 32-bit version.
So be sure to know that before downloading the program, you must know the features of your system Take a look. To do this, press Win + I to open the settings and then select System. Click About from the left menu. The device specifications section gives you information about your system; Including which version of Windows you have installed on your computer.
2) run the program in Compatibility mode
When you want to run an old program, you may use You will encounter the "This app can't run on your PC" error. To fix it, you need to enable the Compatibility mode of the application features. To do this, follow these steps:
- Right-click the executable file of the program and select Properties.
- Open the Compatibility tab.
- Check run this program in compatibility mode for
- Use the drop-down menu to select another version of Windows.
- Click Apply> OK to save the new settings And try to run the program. Just as easy!
3) Make a copy of the Executable file
This is an unusual trick, but it may get you started. Copy the executable file of the program and put it in a new place. Then, run the copied file as normal.
4) Scan for viruses
Even if an application is compatible with your system, a virus can prevent the application from running normally. You can use Windows built-in tools to scan for any viruses on your computer. To do this, follow these steps:
- Right-click Start and go to Settings.
- Then select Update & Security.
- Open Windows Security from the menu on the left.
- Now click on Virus & threat protection.
- Click the Quick scan button and wait for Windows 10 to complete this process.
5) run SFC Scan
If the Quick scan tool does not resolve your issue, another There are Windows 10 web features that you can use. The file finder system searches for corrupted or damaged system files and automatically replaces them. Now to use it, you have to go through several steps, which are:
- Open Command Prompt.
- Now type sfc/scannow.
- Just press Enter to start the process.
- When the SFC scan is complete, it will show you a message that has found and replaced the corrupted files on your system.
6) Use Disk Cleanup Tool
Your computer constantly It is collecting junk files, especially if you spend a lot of time on the Internet. If these files take up a lot of space on your hard drive, they may cause this error. The easiest way to delete these unnecessary files is to use Disk Cleanup. To do this step by step, follow these steps:
- In the Start search bar, you should search for Disk cleanup.
- Then select run as administrator.
- Now select the files you want to delete.
- Disk Cleanup shows you how much free space you get by doing this.
7) Reinstall the troubleshooter
If, after trying everything on our list, You still get the "This app can't run on your pc" error, you have to uninstall and reinstall the app. Once you have removed it, go to the official website of the program and download the latest version. Also keep in mind that to do this, you sometimes need to purchase the original version of a program. However, be sure to clear your browser cache before re-downloading each file.
This error is not limited to applications that you download from various sites; Because you may encounter it when trying to launch applications downloaded from the Microsoft Store. However, to prevent this from happening again, download apps from official sites and keep your schedule and system up to date with available updates. In the article above, we also reviewed seven ways to fix a software malfunction on Windows 10 so that you can easily solve your problem.
Do you have another way to fix a software malfunction on Windows 10? Do you know? Share your experiences and opinions with us and other BingMag users.
Source: makeuseofTags: reasons, software, does, run, windows, how, fix, them