One of the advantages of Samsung phones is their rich software that comes with many useful tools and features. There are many practical settings in the Korean company's products that allow you to make better use of your Galaxy series phone or tablet. With this in mind, in this article we will introduce you to 7 practical features of Samsung products that you should definitely try.
1. Access to Notification History
These days, notifications on smartphones have become so numerous that we often dismiss them without looking closely and usually do not take it seriously, but sometimes we may miss notifications that Contains important information.
In such cases, your Samsung phone can help you retrieve the notification. The company's products have the ability to save and display ad history for the past 24 hours. To enable this feature, you must do the following:
- Enter the phone settings menu, then select the Notification section and then the Advanced settings option.
- Enable notification history. After enabling this feature, your phone will start saving incoming notifications during the day. To keep things organized, the device automatically sorts notifications by apps.
- To see notifications received from a particular app in the last 24 hours, in the same Notification history, the drop-down menu icon Select next to the app name. Note that before the last 24 hours of notifications are displayed, a section is displayed that relates to recently lost notifications.
2. Using Edge Panels for faster access to your favorite apps and widgets
One of the problems for users who have a lot of apps installed on their smartphone is that they have trouble finding the app they want. To make this easier, Samsung phones are equipped with the Edge Panels feature, which is a small drawer app that can be accessed by swiping the edge of the screen towards the center.
This small panel is a vertical marker on There is a right or left side edge of the display that can be repositioned for better access. This feature allows you to perform many functions, such as making calls, taking screenshots, recording audio, checking the weather, activating the timer, access to tools such as ruler and compass, and many more attractive features that work better with the phone. you will get to know them.
To enable Edge Panels, go to the Settings menu and then the Display section and enable the Edge Panels option. After activating this option, the bookmark or the corresponding knob will be activated on the edge of the screen, which can be customized as mentioned.
With the help of this panel, you can access popular apps (up to 22 apps) . To change the layout of the apps that you put in this panel, you can use the hamburger menu and then the Edit option. To arrange new panels that allow access to different tools, you can also select the desired tools by entering the same Edge Panels section in the settings or download them through the Galaxy Apps Store.
3 . Delete shared screenshots
If you're one of those users who usually shares screenshots with others but forgets to delete them from your phone gallery, Samsung still has a solution for you. To prevent the device's memory from filling up unnecessarily.
Fortunately, you can delete screenshots after sharing them via the toolbar. To do this, go to the phone settings menu and select the Advanced features option. Then select Screenshots and screen recorder and enable Delete after sharing from toolbar.
Remember that the screenshot toolbar only appears and disappears for a few seconds after sharing. . So if you lose it, the screenshot will be saved in your gallery and you will have to delete it manually.
Controlling the phone with gestures
Your Galaxy phone is equipped with a large number of interactive gestures and gestures that can make it easier to work with. To find the settings for these gestures, go to the settings menu and after selecting the Advanced features option, select the Motions and gestures option.
The features that can be seen in this section include the following: Are:
- Lift to wake: This feature automatically turns on the screen when you pick up the phone.
- Double tap to turn on screen and Double tap to turn off screen: By activating this feature, you can control the display on or off without having to press the lock key.
- Keep screen on while viewing: This feature should keep the display content on while you're watching.
- Alert when phone picked up: by sending vibrating feedback in When picking up the phone, it notifies you that you have lost a call or text message.
5. Game Launcher Game Launcher is another feature that
has long been present in Samsung phones. In fact, this
launcher is a dedicated environment for mobile games that
organizes them and offers special features that
enhance the mobile gaming experience. For example, you can
bookmark apps, web pages, and gallery photos that are
related to gaming so you can access them faster. you
can also view all game-related notifications in one place, so if
you've missed something you can see it again.
Instant Plays feature lets you try new games instantly To see if they are worth downloading. Game Booster is another feature that allows you to customize a variety of settings to have better gameplay, save battery power and block possible interference. All of these features together make Samsung Game Launcher a viable alternative to the Google Play Games service. To activate this launcher, follow these steps:
- Enter the settings menu and select the Advanced features option.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to reach Game Launcher. Enable this feature.
- After activating the launcher icon will be added to your apps menu.
6. Improve the sound quality of your Galaxy device
If you are not satisfied with the sound quality of your Galaxy device, there are several ways to improve it. you can enhance the sound quality of your Samsung phone or tablet by going to the settings menu and selecting Sounds and vibration, and then selecting Sound quality and effects.
In this section, you will see the following options:>
- Dolby Atmos: Dolby Atmos is a universal sound technology that mimics a 360-degree sound effect similar to a movie theater. Enabling this feature improves the clarity and overall quality of the music. you can also use Dolby Atmos for other applications such as making calls or watching movies. By selecting the Dolby Atmos menu, you can access Auto, Movie, Music, or Voice modes. There is also an option called Dolby Atmos for gaming to enable Dolby Atmos in gaming mode.
- Equalizer: This option allows you to change the sound using the equalizer to Provides you. With this feature, you can manipulate the high, low and middle sounds to have a quality according to your taste, or choose from the available options, which include pop, classical, jazz, rock and ordinary.
- UHQ upscaler: This option increases the resolution of your music to improve its detail and sharpness. Of course, you should know that this feature is only available for cordless headphones, but if your phone does not have a 3.5 mm jack, you can use this feature for your cordless headphones using a USB-C converter to a 3.5 mm audio jack.
- Adapt sound: Each person's corners are unique and different from others, they are sensitive to sound frequencies. Aware of this, the Adapt sound feature allows the user to teach their phone to create a suitable audio profile for their corners, which is done with the help of a hearing test.
7. Change the style of pop-up notifications
Another feature of Samsung phones is personalizing the appearance of pop-up notifications to get more or less attention. To apply these changes, follow these steps:
- Enter the Notifications section from the settings menu.
- Select the Edge lightening style option by selecting the Brief pop-up settings option. .
- In this section you can specify the effects, color, transparency, and duration of pop-up messages when the screen is on or off.
Make better use of your Samsung phone
In addition to the features mentioned, the Koreans have included many other features for their products. you can discover them by navigating through the various options in the device settings menu. With these features, you can spend less time doing different things with your Samsung tablet or phone, increase your productivity and improve your lifestyle.
you can also download Samsung Good Lock labs apps that Available in the Galaxy Store, take your phone to another level. The amount of personalization and appearance that these apps give to the device will definitely amaze you.
- 5 annoying features of Samsung phones that you can disable
Source: Make Use Of