In this article, we are going to introduce you to the top 5 practical ways to recover deleted files in Windows 10 so that you can use these methods to Restore deleted files on your computer if necessary. So if you're a Windows user, do not miss reading this article.
- 5 Wrong Habits That Slow Windows 10 Slow
It has happened to you that when deleting and deleting some files on your computer, a number of important files have been deleted along with them. Or in another example, your hard drive information may not be available for a variety of reasons, including accidental deletion, damaged drive format, virus deletion, physical damage, and more. In this case, you will probably go to the Windows Recycle Bin and try to find the deleted files by checking it.
Most of the time, this method works and you can find your deleted files in this section. But if you do not find your files by searching in this section, there is no need to worry. Here are 5 ways to help you easily recover deleted files from your computer such as photos, audio files, videos, office documents, etc. in the shortest possible time. These 5 methods are:
Method one: recover deleted files by installing Advanced Disk Recovery software
Download Advanced Disk Recovery software
- Download and install Advanced Disk Recovery software, and then run it in Windows.
- Select the location where you want to recover deleted files or folders.
- Now select the drive you want and click "Start Scan Now". At this point, you will have two options for fast scanning and deep scanning.
- Quick Scan will quickly scan the files in your drive, while a deep scan will do it more slowly and accurately.
- After the scan is complete, a list of You will see the deleted files in red font. Click the deleted file you want and then tap "Recover".
- Select the location where you want to save the file or folder you want after recovery, and then tap Click "OK".
Method 2: recover deleted files without using software (using the Restore Previous Versions option)
to restore deleted files Follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the folder or location where you placed the file in the past before deleting it.
- On the Fashion folder Right-click on the comment and select "Restore previous versions".
- In this section, you will get the option to recover the desired folder.
- This will restore the previous version of the file and thus the lost files will be restored to you.
If you are not shown the Restore previous versions option at this stage, just follow these steps:
- Go to Control Panel or Control Panel in Type Run Window (Windows key and R key together).
- By the way System> System Protection Find the "System Protection" section.
- You will find the "System Properties" window in this section. Select the drive you want and click on the "Configure" option.
- In the System Protection window, click the button next to "Turn on System Protection".
- Restore previous versions to restore files will now be available to you and you can use it. So you need to repeat the above steps to recover deleted files.
6 Tips for When Windows 10 Does Not Allow USB Removal
Method 3: Recovery deleted files by backing up
If you are using Windows Backup, then the possibility of restoring deleted files in Windows 10 is very high. This way you can check the latest backup of your system and recover lost data. To recover permanently deleted files in Windows 10 using the backup, follow these steps:
- Windows and press the I key to enter the Settings section.
- Find the backup section in Update & Security-> Backup. >
- Click Go to Backup & Restore.
- Then click on Restore My Files.
- If this option Not available, select another drive to access the saved backup file to recover the files, and reapply the instructions in this section.
How to right-click the sites shortcut menu Add Windows 10 and 11?
Method 4: recover deleted files via Command Prompt
Recovering deleted files in Windows 10 is also possible via Command Prompt. Additionally, even if you have deleted files from the Recycle Bin, you can easily restore them. All you have to do is connect an external drive to your computer system, this drive can also be an external drive such as a USB flash drive. To recover deleted files this way, follow these steps:
- Command Prompt or CMD in the Start menu search box do. Click "Run as administrator" to run.
- chkdsk E:/f and press Enter. (The letter E in this phrase means External drive or external drive in which the recovered files will be placed.)
Note: Chkdsk is a command that It is used to check the integrity of your hard drive and is provided with the ability to fix various file system errors.
- How to recover files in the Windows Recycle Bin?
- In this section, type Y to start the scanning system And press Enter.
- Type E: (DRIVE LETTER) again and press Enter.
- Then Type F: \> attrib -h -r -s/s/d *. * .
- In this expression, -r for Read-only, -s for selected system files, -h for hidden files, '/ S' for path Specify folders and files, and finally '/ D' refers to the process of the files.
- After the scan is complete, You will find a new folder on the
external drive that you connected to the system. Recovered files in
CHK format are seen in this folder. You can change the format of
the files and move them to your desired location. Method 5:
recover deleted files via Recycle bin
If the files you just wanted to delete are in the Recycle Bin of Windows 10. To recover data from the Recycle Bin file, follow these steps:
- Find the Recycle Bin icon on the desktop and double-click it to open it.
- In the Recycle Bin window, find the files you want to recover.
- Select the files you want and click "Restore the Selected Item" or click "Restore all items" to restore them all.
If your deleted files are not restored by following the instructions provided, do not worry again. Because you can always use third-party software to do this. One of the best software for this is the Advanced Disk Recovery software, which we mentioned in the first method, How to use it.
- Get acquainted with the top 6 tools for checking laptop battery health
We suggest that if you do not want to manually delete your important files, make sure that you always make a backup copy of them. To do this, you can use an external drive or cloud storage to keep your valuable information safe. You can also enable the File History option to make sure your files are secure. This feature will back up every hour (or more depending on your needs) all the modified files on your system and save them to an external drive connected to your computer.
In this article, we introduced and reviewed the top 5 practical methods for recovering deleted files from the Windows 10 operating system. And we tried to explain each of these methods to you in the simplest possible way so that you can use these solutions to recover deleted files on your computer if necessary. We hope you enjoy reading this article.
- Learn about 12 practical ways to speed up downloads in Google Chrome