Many technology sites suggest that you calibrate your MacBook battery to maintain its health and performance. Increase. Now, the important question is whether calibrating the Mac battery has a big impact on its performance or not?
It is a fact that as the MacBook ages, its battery performance decreases. However, if you store the battery properly, you may be able to use it for a longer period of time and delay replacing it. Calibrating the MacBook battery is usually suggested as a way to keep it healthy.
Our goal in this article From BingMag is a zero to one hundred issue of calibrating a Mac battery. In fact, we will fully explain the advantages and disadvantages and How to do this. So if you are interested in this issue and you care about your Mac battery, follow us to the end of this interesting and of course useful article.
Calibrating your MacBook battery
Calibrating the battery basically means charging and discharging it completely to remind the software How much the battery can be charged. So by doing this we know that the percentage of battery on the screen is always accurate and your battery has the maximum efficiency. And stops without warning.
Do you need to calibrate your MacBook battery?
In the past, Apple recommended calibrating your MacBook battery with a full charge and discharge. However, Apple has been blocking these recommendations for more than a decade. Battery technology has advanced to the point where you no longer need to calibrate your MacBook battery to keep it healthy. As a result, it is very unlikely that you will improve the health or extend the life of your MacBook by calibrating the battery!
However, if you have a lot of problems with your MacBook battery and all the other options You have also tried calibration. Also note that if you have replaced your MacBook battery, you may need to calibrate it to make sure it works as best it can.
How to calibrate your Mac batterycalibrate the battery in MacBooks, you must fully charge and discharge the battery. Because your Mac battery may have a problem when you decide to do this, you can not trust the charge percentage on the screen. So you have to go through several steps in order. These steps are:
1) Plug in the device adapter and charge your MacBook.
2) When the MagSafe cable has a green light, you will notice that it is charging The device battery is full. You can also click on Battery in the menu bar and check the battery charge percentage.
3) Keep your MacBook plugged in and continue charging for another two hours.
4) You can also use your MacBook during this time; But try to do only your light work with it.
5) Now unplug the power adapter while keeping the MacBook open and on and let the whole battery drain./p>
6) To increase speed, you must go to System Preferences> Battery. Then select Battery from the sidebar and select Never turn off
7) Be careful not to overuse your device to drain the battery faster. Just wait for it to drain at normal speed.
8) Eventually your MacBook will shut down. When this happens, unplug it and wait five hours or more to make sure the battery is fully discharged.
9) After waiting five hours, reconnect the power adapter. Wait for your computer to fully charge the battery again. If possible, try not to use it during this time.
The above steps are enough to calibrate your MacBook battery. However, reading the following about the Mac battery can help you better maintain your battery.
How to monitor the health of your MacBook battery
There is to monitor your MacBook battery. Many of these programs are free and provide valuable information about the number of charges made, the current full charge capacity, and more.
The best way to measure the health of your Apple Computer's battery is to compare the current full charge capacity with the declared capacity. For example, if your MacBook battery was designed to hold 5,000 mAh but now it can only hold up to Charging 4,000 mAh, its health is reduced to 80%.
In general, Apple designs its batteries to maintain 80% or more of design capacity at the first 1000 charge cycles. So using a battery health monitoring app can let you know if your battery is on the right track.
Ways to help battery health
calibrate Your Mac battery may not be healthy, but there are many things you can do to keep your battery healthy. In general, you should keep your software up to date to eliminate battery drain issues.
Also try to keep your Mac battery charge between 20 and 80% whenever possible. Keeping a lithium-ion battery like your MacBook battery at zero or 100 percent for a long time reduces its health.
Replacing the MacBook battery
If your Mac battery is already damaged and does not hold a good charge, your only solution is to replace it. We recommend that you go to an Apple-approved store to replace your computer battery. Depending on your MacBook model, this will cost you between $ 129 and $ 199, and if your MacBook is too old, Apple may refuse to work on it.
However, we do know This is not easy to do in Iran. You can go to Apple's official overseas stores to replace your Mac battery, or trust stores in your home country!
In this article, zero to 100 calibrations We examined the Mac battery and its method. We also found that doing this would not have much effect on new Macs, and if our Mac battery was damaged, we could test it on it. So try to use battery health monitoring apps and constantly monitor the battery health of your Apple device.
Do you know of any other way to calibrate MacBook battery? Share your thoughts and experiences with us and other BingMag users below.
- How to use the Screen Sharing feature on a Mac?
- How to use iCloud Exit safely?
- Top 7 apps that boost your intelligence
Source: MakeUseOf >