Middle age crisis in men is a period in men's life in which they take a hard look at their current life. They think they should be happier, and if they feel the need for a big change, they feel they need to do it as soon as possible. These thoughts can provoke a midlife crisis. But once you realize that you are at this stage, with wise choices you can save yourself from the crisis of middle age and have a happier life.
what is the crisis of middle age in men?
crisis Middle age in men is associated with fear of death, which is rooted in separation anxiety and fear of death. "Many men still live by old, outdated patterns and beliefs about personal identity," says Dr. Fran Walfish, a relationship and family psychotherapist in Beverly Hills, California.
Bruce Fredenburg, therapist and author, shared that, contrary to popular belief, middle age crisis is not gender specific and is not a general phenomenon. "Many experts now believe that the midlife crisis is a fabrication of culture and does not exist in all cultures," Friedenberg said. "So we can not consider it an inevitable biological phenomenon." They are created after retirement, they are stimulated. Among the triggers of the midlife crisis are the following:
- Job demand
- Family financial burdens
- Death of a parent
- Children leaving home in adulthood
When do men experience a midlife crisis?
Middle age crisis can occur with factors such as age, accident or change in the criteria by which a person measures himself. "This crisis can happen in the mid-30s or in the 50s or 60s," says Joseph Bourdelon, a professional counselor at the Christian Counseling Center in Austin, Texas.
When life expectancy is around 70 It was a year and many people were starting a family in their twenties, the middle age crisis was often seen in their 40s or When they were not children. Now that people are having children later, some counselors have found that the crisis is less relevant to the age range and more associated with a particular sense of inadequacy.
feminism or patriarchy; The question is!
How to diagnose a midlife crisis?
Dr. Calvin Colarusso, "The real midlife crisis often involves a rapid change of whole life," says a professor of clinical psychiatry at the University of California, San Diego. For example, one of his clients wrote in a note to his wife that he had taken his assets out of the bank and moved to another city without notice.
. "Often, people struggle with a midlife crisis in which they experience small changes over time."
You may tell your spouse, "I need to get out of this." And do it, or say, "This marriage does not benefit me." "In a midlife crisis, you do not change everything and you do not make changes quickly," says Kolaroso. "Most people, after evaluating these conditions and changes, decide to go on with what they had." .
- You are in your 40s; They are grappling with a midlife crisis in their early 50s and early 50s.
- You're upset about the basics of your life; Health and a sense of urgency in trying to improve them.
- You think the time to start a new path is too
short; According to Kolaroso, many men feel the
following times. They desperately need to make changes:
- When they notice that their appearance is changing or that their endurance is not as good as it used to be.
- When they become grandparents.
- A Friend or father m They are losing their temper.
However, despite these events, overcoming a midlife crisis is not inevitable.
- You make unusual decisions; "Men may get into a teen
riot at this point in their lives," says Dr. Lynn Margolaise, a
psychologist in Boston. "A definite sign that you are most likely
in a midlife crisis is that you feel stuck and very
tempted to do something that will fundamentally change your life."
These changes include:
- Having a new relationship
- Leaving family
- Feeling that your life is no longer right for you.
- More concerned about appearing
- more interested in excitement
what does a middle-aged crisis look like from the outside?crisis is a moment of reckoning," says Suzuki. In this crisis, men feel that the best days of physical health and the days of their inner potential are over.
This crisis can be a combination of feelings of helplessness and discomfort, especially When you can not wear your glasses. Find instructions for a box of pills or creams.
In a midlife crisis, men will often feel a return to childhood, which is temporary. "The past, the present and the future come together in an infinite reality," says Suzuki. "For example, if you are upset, you are afraid to always be upset, and if you have not used all of your abilities, there is a fear that this will never happen."
- Engaging in activities that have many consequences, such as entering into a new relationship and using drugs
- Making significant changes in life, such as changes in jobs, relationships, and material possessions
- Irritability, restlessness, agitation, spontaneity and isolation
- Focus on health and appearance
- More competition with others
- Changing eating and sleeping habits
Today, middle-aged people are under pressure from both sides; "As children grow up, they also have to take care of their elderly and disabled parents." " You can look for the reasons that made you feel uncomfortable, then make sensible decisions to address them. This is the process of growth and development. On the other hand, making momentary and emotional decisions, such as bargaining in your life to have a younger partner that ends quickly or buying a car that you can not afford, leads to destruction.At this point in life :
- Remember that your feelings are not grammatical; Margulais says just because you feel you have to run away from home, work or marriage, you should not do it in the real world Do it. These feelings can actually be rooted in problems that need to be solved, but they may also disappear or change over time.
- Be thankful for good things; <"Take the time to appreciate and thank the parts of life that make you happy," says Margulice. Ask yourself how you would feel if you did something you lost?
- Talk about your decisions with someone else; says Kolarosso: "Before making major decisions, talk about them with someone you trust." A friend or mental health professional can give you another opinion on whether you are making wise choices.
- Ask yourself if your wishes and aspirations are realistic? men make very successful changes, such as going back to college, traveling the world, or starting their own business in their forties. Just make sure your new goals are practical and achievable.
- Avoid traumatizing your loved ones; "Know that
to be happy, you need to change Great and not a blast of life; "But
if there is a need for separation, doing it wisely can have less
devastating effects on those around you."
alt="BingMag.com When does a midlife
crisis in men occur and what are the
symptoms?" loading="lazy"> Although middle-aged crisis is
not a formal medical diagnosis, it is a common stage among
middle-aged people (often over 45 years old) who It can cause
emotional distress in your life as you get older.
Many men value themselves in terms of the success of their careers. Thus, the middle-aged crisis in men can be centered around their achievements or regrets about not taking action to improve their careers When they were younger. Signs of a middle-aged crisis in men include:
- Feeling pressured to make fundamental changes due to short time
- Loss of endurance
- Impatience in The case of Taheri changes
- Making unusual changes such as: starting a new relationship or a sudden pleasure for experiences of excitement or horror
Most of these feelings occur between the ages of 40 and 50. They are aroused by basic life events such as becoming a grandfather for the first time or mourning the death of a friend or loved one. But it includes emotions such as:
- meaninglessness, emptiness, loneliness and despair
- despair, embarrassment and regret
- fatigue, impatience or feeling
- Lack of energy, insomnia or sleep over Limit
- Intellectual occupation to illness and death
6 points About Male Irritability Syndrome That You Need to Know About Maintaining a Relationship
Can a midlife crisis in men turn into depression?
Can a midlife crisis turn into a major depression? Can be diagnosed with the following symptoms.
- Changes in eating habits
- Changes in sleeping habits
- Loss Interest in activities that used to be enjoyable.
- Indescribable fatigue
- Feeling frustrated
- easily angry
- feeling lonely
- feeling irrationally guilty
- thinking about suicide
how Can a midlife crisis be dealt with?
A midlife crisis can lead men to good and bad behaviors; For example, a man who thinks that he has to learn new things before it's too late can give him a feeling of high energy and give him a new understanding and evaluation of life. On the other hand, a man may make hasty decisions or spend all his savings on buying a sports car.
If you suddenly realize that you are feeling weak in middle age, deal with it. On the negative side, you can do the following:
- Do not let destructive emotions dominate you; try to control your emotions and do not give in to them. Before acting on emotions, think about the end of them for a few moments and be careful about the results.
- Have a grateful attitude; Think about the good things in life and Be thankful for remembering them.
- Make a new connection; If you are thinking of taking a fundamental step in life, talk about it with someone you trust, such as Talk to a friend or a therapist and get a second, alternative solution. You may be grappling with a hidden mental health problem that has emerged as a midlife crisis and a mental health professional can help you deal with it.
Impact of middle-aged crisis on family
Men's middle-aged crisis, in parallel, harms family and friends Also enters. The people closest to the person are often the victims of this issue. "The midlife crisis can last from 6 months to 10 years, and the length of that time depends on talking to a clinician or a support person who can help you control your strong emotions without judging," says Walfish. 'S
During these months or years, a midlife crisis can affect many people. Walfish believes that if you do something hastily and emotionally, you run the risk of ruining your marriage and your relationship with your children and other family members.
In addition, a lesser-known aspect of the midlife crisis There is also called economic abuse. "Men are exposed to high-risk financial behaviors during the midlife crisis," says Suzuki. "Spending money carelessly and emotionally and in a hurry may provide immediate pleasure, but it can lead to financial hardship."
Financial abuse is as follows:
- Stop working, even with the ability
- to ignore previous financial responsibilities in agreements
- Use all the savings account savings in one big purchase
- Trying to persuade a partner to invest in their new high-risk business
A person in a midlife crisis may consciously or unconsciously use another subtle technique. . Forgery of the future occurs When a person lies or promises something in the future to achieve what he or she wants in the present.
Middle-aged crisis management in men
A 2009 study recommends that people experiencing a midlife crisis storm over these key areas. Think:
Dr. Erin Miers, counselor and psychologist at Mom Loves Best, recommends that men start out based on their thoughts and feelings. Ask yourself if they are unhappy with the course of their lives. Do they want to make up for lost time? Then, in the second step, consider what is important to them and take small steps towards the life they want.
Tips for managing a middle-aged crisis
- with a mental health professional Talk to your doctor.
- Talk to your doctor to find out if it's possible that the symptoms of this crisis have a physical root.
- Learn mindfulness training Take advantage of daily stress and improve your physical health.
- Personalize your exercise routine to gain more confidence and well-being.
- Always remember that Emotional behaviors and decisions can have lasting and lasting consequences for you and your loved ones.
In the end
, We got acquainted with the symptoms and how to manage it. Do you have a midlife crisis experience about yourself or other people? what other signs do you think this crisis could have?This is for education and information purposes only. Be sure to consult a specialist before using the recommendations in this article. For more information, read the Digitica Magazine Disclaimer .
Sources: WebMD, Psych Central, MedicineNet
Tags: when, does, midlife, crisis, men, occur, what, symptoms?