Microdermabrasion is a non-invasive, painless, safe and effective way to cleanse and rejuvenate the skin. Microdermabrasion stimulates and increases collagen production by destroying dead skin cells, resulting in skin rejuvenation. This treatment used to be used only in clinics and beauty salons, but today, thanks to advances in technology, there are all kinds of home microdermabrasion devices on the market that you can use to exfoliate, cleanse and rejuvenate your skin. In this article, we will review and guide the use of home microdermabrasion devices. Join us in Digistyle Magazine.
How does a home microdermabrasion work?
Irrigation microdermabrasion was first performed in Italy in 1985 and has since been used as one of the world's skin therapies. Previously, microdermabrasion was performed using special devices only in medical clinics, but according to the market needs of home types, this device was produced by different brands and was welcomed by many users in the world.
If your skin problems Not too acute, home microdermabrasion kits can eliminate the need for you to go to beauty clinics, and with less time and money you can have clearer and younger skin.
It is a vacuum that causes the dead layers on the skin to be removed and the skin to be created soft and clear. In this device, there is a very fine microcrystal made of aluminum oxide, which creates very small scratches on the skin in contact with the skin surface.
Abrasion of microcrystals, along with the vacuum and suction mode created by the device, exfoliates the skin, separates dead cells from the skin, and speeds up blood flow. During this process, higher levels of elastin and collagen are released in the skin, which over time leads to smoother texture and clearer skin. In addition to the abrasive properties, the suction mode created by the device allows the removal of fine fat under the skin and the control of blackheads.
Microdermabrasion devices used in medical clinics usually produce stronger suction. And their microcrystalline series is more abrasive, but in home microdermabrasion this suction is weaker and the microcrystalline series is thinner and less abrasive. So it takes longer for home microdermabrasion to work on your skin.
- 16 effective home tricks for immediate acne treatment What type
of skin problems can be treated with home microdermabrasion?
Treats pimples and acne, blemishes, open pores and fine lines and wrinkles and gives the skin proper softness and clarity.
- Microdermabrasion is not able to eliminate deep wrinkles but with Increasing the elasticity of the skin reduces the aging process. Therefore, after the age of 30, start using microdermabrasion before your skin becomes sagging and wrinkled so that you can slow down the aging process of your skin.
- Hyperpigmentation, brown spots and age spots or seborrheic keratosis Generally occurring under the influence of sunlight and ultraviolet rays, they can be treated with microdermabrasion. This type of skin lesion can usually be treated with a series of microdermabrasions.>
- If you have very deep pimples or wrinkles, home microdermabrasion will not work for you and will only provide a relative improvement. In this case, it is better to see a doctor and treat microdermabrasion with more powerful devices in medical clinics or use other methods to improve your skin.
- If you have colloidal wounds or sensitive skin that It is prone to bruising and eczema. Never use a home microdermabrasion device without the permission of your doctor.
Microdermabrasion can be used for the mentioned problems in the face, neck, dcollet area, chest, Use the back, arms and thighs.
- What causes dark circles under the eyes and how can we fix it?
Proper use of home microdermabrasion
A manual is included with the kit when you purchase your home microdermabrasion kit. To achieve the desired results and prevent skin damage, be sure to read the instructions, as the use of the devices may be different from each other.
1. First, cleanse your skin with a mild, non-greasy, non-greasy cleanser. Avoid harsh cleansers that can cause the skin to become too dry and sensitive to the microdermabrasion process.
2. Dry your skin with a cotton towel. It is very important that the skin is completely dry so that the microdermabrasion device can work best.
3. Turn on the microdermabrasion device and gently rub the microcrystalline head of the device on your skin as shown below. Remember not to apply microcrystals more than twice on each area of your skin, otherwise your skin may be damaged. Do this process on all parts of the skin of the face or neck or any part of your skin that you want.
4. After using the microdermabrasion, use toner for your skin to adjust the pH of your skin and return it to its original state. Then apply oils, lotions or creams to your skin. Due to the opening of facial pores and increasing the speed of blood circulation, the materials used on the skin after microdermabrasion will have a much greater effect.
5. After the microdermabrasion, you may feel a slight burning, tenderness or redness in some areas of your skin. Thoroughly hydrate your skin so that your skin does not dry out and redness in sensitive areas is reduced. Ideally, you should choose a moisturizer that can also protect against the sun, as your skin is more sensitive to sunlight in the days after microdermabrasion treatment.
6. If your skin is severely red after microdermabrasion, use ice or a cold compress; In these cases, the use of zinc oxide ointment is also recommended.
It is necessary for the skin to have enough time to repair between the use of the device. Dermatologists recommend that the interval between uses of the microdermabrasion be about two weeks. However, different home microdermabrasion devices may work differently, and the range of use of some devices may be less or more than two weeks. So be sure to read the manual of the device you bought carefully.
- Everything you need to know about safe peeling of your skin
Microdermabrasion side effects Abrasion
Microdermabrasion is a non-invasive, painless treatment; Especially in home microdermabrasion devices that have less suction and abrasive power, you usually will not have many side effects. However, you should be aware that home microdermabrasion may have side effects such as bruising, redness, or itching and dry skin. Also, people who are prone to herpes may get herpes around their lips after using the microdermabrasion device. If you have a history of herpes, it is best not to use microdermabrasion around the lips and tell your doctor before using microdermabrasion.
Important points when buying a home microdermabrasion
In order for the device you are buying to have the necessary performance, you should pay attention to the following points before buying a home microdermabrasion kit./p>
Adjustable speed and suction power
One of the most important things to consider when buying a home microdermabrasion device is the ability to adjust the speed and suction of the device. Some parts of your skin, such as around the eyes, need less suction, and in some areas, such as, the suction power should be higher. Therefore, it is better to buy a device that can adjust the speed and suction power.
Interchangeable and spare filters of the device
Each microdermabrasion device has a special filter to keep dead layers and Or peeling off the surface of your face and body. Due to the suction power of the microdermabrasion, these skins and lesions accumulate inside the housing of the device and will definitely reduce the power of your device over time. Therefore, when buying this type of beauty products, be sure to make sure that your device has spare replaceable filters.
It helps you to use different series for different parts of your skin. With such devices, you can use soft and delicate series for exfoliating thin skin and rough series for exfoliating thick skin. For example, the special series around the eyes should be smaller and more delicate.
In this article, we introduced home microdermabrasion kits and the advantages and disadvantages of these devices. Again, if you have acute skin problems and severe skin allergies, be sure to consult your doctor before using the device. Also, after buying the device, be sure to follow the manual of the device so that you can get the desired result from the device and create clear and flawless skin for yourself.
Sources: oglf, ashleybrookenicholas