Do you feel anxious when you are in a room with yellow decoration? Does blue make you feel comfortable? Artists and interior designers have long talked about the psychology of color, believing that colors can dramatically affect mood, feelings, and emotions.
color is a powerful communication tool that can even trigger physiological reactions. affect the body. Some colors are associated with high blood pressure, increased metabolism and eye fatigue. If you want to know exactly what colors do and How they affect your mood and behavior, follow this article from BingMag to the end.
History of color Psychology
In 1666, the English scientist Sir Isaac Newton discovered that when pure white light passed through a prism, it decomposed into all visible colors. Newton also found that each color consisted of a single wavelength that could no longer be distinguished from other colors.
Further research showed that light could be used to form other colors. For example, the combination of red and yellow light produces an orange color. Some colors, such as green and magenta, neutralize each other when combined and produce white light. If you've ever painted, you've probably figured out How to create other colors by mixing certain colors.
To date, little research has looked at the effect of colors on a person's psychological performance. However, the concept of color psychology has become a hot topic in marketing, art, design and other fields, and fortunately, researchers and experts have made some important discoveries about color psychology and its effect on mood, emotions and behaviors.>
Often your feelings about color are personal and rooted in your own experience or culture. For example, while white is used in many Western countries to indicate purity and innocence, in some Eastern countries it is a symbol of mourning.
Psychological effects of color
Why does color have such a powerful force in our lives? What effects can it have on our body and mind? While understanding color is somewhat subjective, some aspects of it have a universal meaning. The colors in the red area of the color spectrum are known as "warm colors" and include red, orange, and yellow. Warm colors evoke a variety of emotions, from warmth and comfort to anger and hostility.
colors in the blue color spectrum are known as "cool colors" and include blue, purple. And become green. These colors are often described as calm colors, but can also be associated with other emotions such as sadness or indifference. The Egyptians and Chinese used "chromotherapy" for healing. Chromotherapy is sometimes called "Light Therapy" or "Colorology". Currently, chromatology is also used as a comprehensive or alternative treatment. For example, consider the following:
- Red is used to stimulate the body and mind, as well as to increase blood circulation.
- Yellow seems to stimulate the nerves And cleanses the body.
- Orange color is used to heal the lungs and increase energy levels.
- Blue color is believed to cure diseases and relieve pain. li>
- Indigo shadows are said to reduce skin problems.
Recent research on color psychology
Most psychologists are skeptical of color therapy, and It is pointed out that the hypothetical effects of colors are often exaggerated. On the other hand, colors can have different meanings in different cultures.
In many cases, research has shown that the effects of color on mood may be temporary. The blue room may feel calm at first, but that effect wears off after a while. However, existing research shows that colors can have a surprising effect on people in a variety of ways.
- In one study, warm-colored placebo pills were more effective than cold-colored placebo pills. .
- Evidence shows that the use of blue for street lights reduces crime.
- Red causes people to react more quickly and vigorously. According to researchers, this effect may be useful during sports activities.
- People who wear black are more likely to be fined. In addition, according to the results of a study that examined information about sports teams and their uniforms, students tended to have negative characteristics. Associate with a player in black.
Effect of color on performance
Studies show that some colors can affect human performance. Red is often described as a threatening, provocative, or exciting color, but many studies on its effects have not reached a definite conclusion. However, the results of a study showed that exposing students to red before the test had a negative effect on their performance on the test.
In this study, 71 students before taking a test had five Minute, a number was given in red, green or black. The results showed that students who were given a red number before taking the test scored 20 percent lower than those who received the green and black numbers.
The relationship between color and purchase Clients
color psychology shows that the use of different color shades can have a wide range of effects, from mood enhancement to anxiety. But can the color of the products you buy reflect your personality? For example, does the color of the car you buy have to do with some of your personality traits?
your color preferences when buying different items may say something about the image you want to present. color preferences, from the clothes you wear to the car you drive, sometimes indicate How much you want others to understand you. Other factors, such as age and gender, can also affect color choices.
- White; As many of you know, white can evoke a sense of freshness and cleanliness. . This color is often used to evoke a sense of youth and modernity.
- Black; Black is often described as a powerful color, which may be why it is so popular with luxury vehicles. Show. Most people describe black as attractive, powerful, mysterious and even sinister.
- Silver; Silver is the third most popular color for vehicles and is associated with a sense of innovation and modernity. Most high-tech products are silver-colored. Therefore, this color can be associated with things that are new, modern and advanced.
- Red; Red attracts attention. So, if you prefer a red car, you probably want to show a picture of strength and confidence.
- Blue; Most people use blue as a color of stability and safety Learn. Driving a blue car may indicate that you are confident.
- Yellow; According to experts, driving a yellow vehicle means that you are generally a happy person. You are, and you are probably a little more willing to take risks than a normal person.
- Gray; According to experts, people who use gray cars do not want to be different from others.
Of course, the color we choose is influenced by various factors such as price And even our color preferences can change over time. A person may prefer bright colors that attract attention at a young age, but become more attracted to more traditional colors as they get older.
For example, depending on the climate of their place of residence, Buy a white car and choosing this color has nothing to do with whether you want others to consider you young and modern. People living in hot climates usually prefer light-colored vehicles to dark cars.
More research is needed
Interest in the subject of color psychology is growing, but a number of unanswered questions remain. Can paint be used to increase worker productivity or workplace safety? What colors affect consumer behavior? Do certain personality types prefer certain colors? If research continues, we may soon learn more about the effect of color on human psychology.
According to experts, people should be wary of many claims made about the psychology of color. Many of these claims relate to outdated research and do not refer to new research findings.
color can play an important role in conveying information and creating specific situations, and even Influence individual decisions. color preferences affect what people choose to buy, the clothes they wear, and the way they decorate their living environment.
Experts have found that color can affect How we feel and behave, but these effects It is a function of personal, cultural and situational factors. More scientific research is needed to better understand the psychology of color.This is just an aspect It has education and information. Be sure to consult a specialist before using the recommendations in this article. For more information, read the Digitica Magazine Disclaimer .