Pepper is native to South and Central America. Red peppers belong to the capsaicin family. All types of peppers (even red peppers) are green when they are not yet ripe. Red bell peppers are used in various dishes due to their sweet taste. It contains a variety of nutrients, including vitamins A, B6, E, K and C, and minerals such as folate and potassium. Red peppers are also a good source of antioxidants. Red bell peppers are actually a fruit, but they are known as vegetables. This type of pepper has several benefits for the health of the body, skin and hair. In this article from BingMag, we want to introduce you to the properties of red pepper and its nutritional value. At the end of the article, we will learn how to make 3 delicious salads with this pepper. Stay with us until the end of the article.
Nutritional value of red bell peppers
Fresh and raw red bell peppers are more composed of water; So that 92% of it is water. This type of pepper also has carbohydrates and a small amount of protein and fat. The nutritional value of 100 grams of red bell peppers is as follows. The food is made of red peppercorns.
1. CarbohydratesA large portion of the calories in red peppers come from the carbohydrates in them. 100 grams of red bell peppers contain 6 grams of carbohydrates. The carbohydrates in this pepper are mostly sugars such as glucose and fructose, which are responsible for the sweet taste of ripe red peppers. This fruit (or vegetable) also has a small amount of fiber. Fiber is a nutrient that can keep you full for longer.
Vitamins and Minerals
Red pepper is rich in the vitamins and minerals listed below.
One red peppermint provides an average of 169% of the body's daily requirement of vitamin C. The name of the vitamin C comes from the orange, but it is interesting to know that red bell peppers are also one of the richest sources of vitamin C.
2. Vitamin B6
Pyridoxine is one of the most common types of vitamin B6. Vitamin B6 is essential for the formation of red blood cells.
3. Vitamin K1
Vitamin K1 is a type of vitamin K that is important for bone health as well as the formation of blood clots to prevent excessive bleeding during injury.
Potassium is an essential mineral that may improve heart health.
Folate, also known as vitamin B9, performs various functions in the body. Adequate folate intake is important during pregnancy.
Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that is essential for muscle and nerve health. The best food sources of this fat-soluble vitamin are oils, nuts, seeds, and vegetables.
Vitamin A Red bell peppers are high in beta-carotene, which the
body converts to vitamin A.
Herbal Ingredients Red Chili Peppers are rich in various
antioxidants, especially carotenoids. Here are some tips to help
you get the most out of your red pepper.
Red peppers contain large amounts of capsaicin. Capsaicin is a powerful antioxidant that is the cause of the unique taste of this pepper.
This compound is present in all types of bell peppers, but yellow bell peppers contain large amounts of it.
Lutein is a plant compound that may improve eye health.
Studies have concluded that this polyphenolic antioxidant may help prevent some chronic diseases, including heart disease and cancer.
Luteolin is similar to quercetin. This compound is a polyphenolic antioxidant that has beneficial effects on the health of the body.
4. Antioxidants Red peppers are an excellent source of
antioxidants that protect the body against oxidative stress. This
type of pepper contains various antioxidants, among which we can
mention quercetin, luteolin, vitamin C, beta-carotene and lycopene.
These compounds help prevent oxidative damage, which is helpful in
preventing some of the complications such as the following:
- Cardiovascular disease
- Parkinson's disease
Flavonoids in red bell peppers help prevent oxidation Essential fats inside brain cells help protect these cells.
Properties of red pepper for body health
Red peppers have many benefits for the body, skin and hair, which we will discuss separately below. This pepper not only makes food tasty and delicious, but also gives the body a lot of nutrients.
Although most people consume green bell peppers, red bell peppers are much more nutritious and have a sweeter taste. Here are some properties of red pepper for the body.
1. Red pepper is a great option to add to your diet. This fruit has many antioxidants and nutrients. The antioxidants in this pepper fight environmental toxins and cell degeneration. These compounds help the body fight oxidative damage and thus prevent a variety of cancers, including cancers of the stomach, colon, breast and..
2. Pepper is one of the richest sources of vitamin C; It meets 300% of the body's daily need for this vitamin. Vitamin C is not only a powerful antioxidant, but also essential for better iron absorption. If you have iron deficiency, you can include red peppers in your diet.
Eating bell peppers as a snack helps to treat and prevent inflammation in the body. If you are stressed or tired, eat this fruit to increase your body energy.
4. The combination of vitamin B6 and magnesium in red bell peppers helps reduce anxiety, especially anxiety caused by PMS. Vitamin B6 is a natural diuretic compound and is useful for reducing bloating and preventing high blood pressure.
5. Peppers are an excellent source of vitamin A; One cup of this pepper eliminates 75% of the body's daily requirement of vitamin A. Vitamin A is a nutrient that is useful in increasing visual health, especially night vision. This fruit helps the cornea to function properly and prevent cataracts.
6. Another property of red pepper is weight loss. One cup of chopped red bell peppers has only 31 calories and no fat or cholesterol. In addition, consumption of this type of pepper helps to burn more calories, because it can activate thermogenesis and increase the body's metabolism. Red peppers, unlike other types of peppers, increase the body's metabolism without increasing heart rate or blood pressure.
7. Half a cup of red bell peppers has about 1 gram of fiber. Fiber helps digest and maintain normal blood cholesterol levels. In addition, it is useful in protecting against colon cancer and helps treat constipation and irritable bowel syndrome.
8. If you eat red peppers with other healthy and nutritious fruits and vegetables, you are less likely to develop chronic diseases such as type 2 diabetes, stroke, heart disease, high blood pressure and various cancers.
9. One cup of cayenne pepper provides 7% of the body's daily requirement for potassium. The body needs this mineral to regulate the amount of fluid inside and outside the cells and the contraction of the heart muscle.
10. Vitamin C in red peppers helps to build collagen in bones, cartilage, muscles and blood vessels by helping to better absorb iron.
Properties of red peppers for skin
Red peppers Compared to other types of peppers, it has twice as much vitamin C and is therefore very good for the skin. In the following, we have introduced the properties of red pepper for the skin.
11. Vitamin C in red peppers helps form collagen. The skin needs collagen to stay healthy. Vitamin C deficiency, even in small amounts, can lead to skin problems.
Red peppers contain three types of carotenoids called lutein, beta-cryptoxanthin and zeaxanthin, all of which are excellent in fighting cancer. These carotenoids are not only good for the skin, but also help reduce arthritis swelling due to their high silicon content. The juice of this type of pepper is also known to have healing properties.
Properties of red bell pepper for hair
Bell pepper is not only good for body and skin health, but also for hair. In the following, we have examined a number of properties of red bell peppers.
13. As mentioned above, red peppers are an excellent source of vitamin C, which is involved in the formation of collagen. Hair follicles need collagen to stay healthy and grow optimally. Vitamin C deficiency can lead to dry and brittle hair, as well as frizz.
Red peppers can be very helpful in preventing hair loss, as they increase blood flow to the scalp for hair growth. If you suffer from hair loss or want to prevent it, be sure to include peppermint in your diet.
15. This type of pepper can increase hair growth speed by more than 50%. Boil a few pieces of red pepper in water for 10 minutes to take advantage of the properties of red pepper. Then set aside for 15 minutes to cool. Apply the mixture on your scalp for 30 minutes and then wash your hair as usual. Regular use of this home remedy stimulates hair growth.
Side effects of red bell peppers
You may experience some side effects after consuming red pepper, 2 of which are mentioned below.
1. Allergy to peppermint
Some people are allergic to peppermint. If you experience symptoms of food allergies after eating red peppers, stop taking peppers and be sure to see your doctor.
2. Nightshade allergy
Peppers are part of the nightshade vegetable. Some people may experience intestinal irritation or increased inflammation after consuming this type of vegetable. Some people confuse allergies to red peppers with an inability to tolerate it.
People with an intolerance to red peppers have digestive problems after eating it, but allergies to red peppers lead to more serious symptoms. It can cause rashes or skin rashes and digestive problems.
According to reports from the Arthritis Association, there is no scientific evidence that nitrous oxide vegetables cause inflammation. A 2017 study of people with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) examined the effects of eliminating nightshade vegetables, grains and legumes from the diet. Participants had mild to moderate inflammatory bowel disease.
After three weeks, participants experienced some reduction in symptoms. It is not clear if this was due to the elimination of nightshade vegetables or other foods.
A few tips on buying, storing and consuming red peppers
You can add red peppers to various foods. . You can also eat it as a snack with Homs. Note the following points.
When buying bell peppers, choose ones that have healthy and damaged skin. Red bell peppers are soft skin quality and firm when you touch them. If the skin of the pepper is wrinkled and damaged, avoid buying it. Harmful microorganisms can enter damaged vegetables and lead to problems such as food poisoning.
Put the bell peppers in a plastic bag and store in the refrigerator. You can consume bell peppers up to 5 days after purchase.
30. Eating raw bell peppers
You can remove the bell peppers, chop them and eat them alone or with homs. You can also add raw peppers to various salads.
Different ways to include red peppers in your diet
There are a variety of ways to consume red peppers, some of which are listed below. .
Peel a squash, grate it and squeeze the juice. To roast the bell pepper, you can cut it or roast it completely. Grease the oven tray with some butter or oil and place the bell peppers in the tray. Place the tray in the oven for long enough. Then take the tray out of the oven and let the roasted peppers cool down. .
Cut the bell peppers. Pour some oil into the pan and fry the bell peppers in it.
After removing the peppercorns, add some olive oil and a pinch of salt. Then grill the bell peppers.
4. Stuffed bell peppers
Cut the bell peppers and fill them with a mixture of beans, rice, baked potatoes, salt and black pepper powder. Transfer the bell peppers to the oven and let them rest in the oven until soft.
Puree the roasted peppers with garlic, cobra, herbs, oil and lemon juice and enjoy this delicious dip as a tonic snack.
Paprika is a dried, powdered pepper. You can use paprika as a spice in a variety of foods. Get to know your food. In the following, we have taught you how to make 3 delicious salads with red bell peppers.
1. Red Pepper Salad
The easiest way to take advantage of the properties of red pepper is to use it in the preparation It is a salad. This attractive salad is full of healthy and nutritious ingredients that are all very useful for the health of the body. This delicious salad is very easy to prepare. If you want a light snack or dinner, but you do not have the patience to be in the kitchen for a few hours, this salad is the best option for you.
- Red, green peppers And yellow: 450 g
- Medium purple onion: half a piece
- Fresh lemon juice: two and a half tablespoons
- White vinegar: one tablespoon li>
- extra virgin olive oil: three tablespoons
- Garlic powder: half a tablespoon
- Salt: as needed
- Black pepper: as Necessary
How to prepare
Cut the tops of the peppers and the kernels Take it out. Then cut the peppers in half vertically and chop them finely.
Cut the chopped peppers into a bowl. Large transfer. Peel an onion, grate it and pour it into a bowl.
Take a small bowl and add the vinegar Mix well white, olive oil, fresh lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and black pepper.
Pour the sauce over the salad and stir well. Taste the salad and add more salt and black pepper if needed.
You can enjoy the salad immediately Refrigerate or refrigerate to cool. If you keep the salad in the fridge overnight and eat it the next day, it will taste better. .
2. Red Pepper Salad and Feta Cheese
The combination of red pepper, onion and feta cheese is amazing. All the raw materials in this salad give the body various vitamins and minerals and increase the health of the body in various ways. If you like to have a light dinner at night, we suggest you try this salad. Be sure to fall in love with its special taste.
Ingredients for making salad
- Pepper in different colors: 150 g
- Fresh fennel: 70 g
- Medium onion: one
- chopped feta cheese: 50 g
- crushed garlic: one teaspoon
Ingredients for making salad dressing
- Extra virgin olive oil: two to three tablespoons
- White vinegar: one tablespoon
- Vegetables Optional chopped (basil, mint, tarragon, parsley, etc.): one and a half tablespoons
- Salt and black pepper: as needed
The first step in making this delicious salad is to cut off the tops of the bell peppers and remove the kernels. Then finely chop the peppers.
Finely chop the fennel and finely chop the onion. Take a medium bowl and combine the chopped peppers, onion, fennel, feta cheese and garlic.
Pour the sauce over the salad and stir well. Cover the salad bowl and refrigerate the salad for a long time. Enjoy eating this attractive salad.
3. Red Pepper Salad and Spinach
In today's article, we looked at the properties of red pepper. In this article, we have already provided you with 15 unique properties of spinach and how to prepare 3 delicious foods with the benefits of spinach. This salad is very healthy and nutritious. This salad does not take more than about 20 minutes to prepare.
- Chopped spinach: 200 g
- Red bell peppers: one
- Grated Parmesan cheese: half a cup
- Olive oil: a quarter cup
- Apple cider vinegar: a quarter cup
- Salt and black pepper : In the required amount
How to prepare
To prepare this first nutritious salad Cut the bell pepper from all the heads and take out the kernels. Then chop the bell pepper. .
. . .
. . C A . . .
. . 3 . .. . .