It's the golden age and many people may not have enough time to exercise. For this reason, you need to get the most out of each workout and not waste your time. Exercises such as Tabata and intermittent and stressful exercises require little time and are therefore the best option for those who do not have enough time to exercise. But in order to make the most of these sports and get results, you also need to avoid some common mistakes.
There are various solutions that can help you make your sport more efficient and more advanced. Maybe after a long time you have finally decided to exercise and stick to it. But unfortunately, you make some common mistakes that not only prevent the positive effects of exercise, but also have negative effects. Because of this, you will not get results, you will be injured and you will be exercising forever.
By recognizing these mistakes and correcting them, you can improve your exercise and make a significant difference in losing weight and fat and increasing muscle mass. See your body. In this article, we want to examine these mistakes that may harm your body and prevent you from getting the best results from exercising. Stay tuned and avoid making these mistakes again.
12 Common Mistakes in Exercise
1. Use only bodybuilding machines
Strength training is the best option for strengthening muscles and burning fat. A study in 2012 showed that with just 10 weeks of strength training, you can increase lean muscle mass by more than 2 kg and burn 2 kg of fat. In addition, the body's metabolic rate increases by up to 7%, which has a significant effect on fat burning and even burns calories at rest.
But strength training is not limited to these benefits. These exercises are one of the key strategies in the natural treatment of type 2 diabetes, because they can help balance the body's blood sugar levels. In addition, strength training lowers your blood pressure and helps eliminate belly fat, as well as increasing bone mineral density by 1 to 3 percent. Therefore, these exercises should be Include everyone in the exercise program. But if you only use bodybuilding equipment, you will no doubt be prevented from progressing and enjoying these benefits. In fact, focusing too much on bodybuilding machines is one of the oldest mistakes athletes make.
These machines restrict your movement and cause you to adjust to a predetermined range of motion. In other words, you are working on the large and moving muscle groups of the body, but you are no longer putting pressure on the body's stabilizing muscles. Not using these muscles will prevent them from strengthening and there will be no more balance when performing movements.
Definitely devices will be a good option if your only goal is to increase muscle mass in one part of the body. Give or want to focus only on one specific muscle group. But most athletes are looking for practical exercises that increase strength, power, balance and coordination of the body so that they can function better in daily life. With this in mind, using free weights such as dumbbells and barbells can be the best thing to do. Because they involve complex and functional movements that strengthen the whole body and increase coordination between different muscle groups.
Also, compared to using bodybuilding machines, free weights can enhance your athletic performance even better. . For example, performing a squat can increase your vertical jump rate compared to a foot press.
In general, you should use free weights. Exercising with body weight is also a great option. Therefore, do not rely only on bodybuilding machines and try to have a balanced and varied exercise program including weight training, free weights and bodybuilding machines.
- 6 important benefits of weight training ( And its superiority to bodybuilding machines!)
2. Do you exercise for exercise?
Exercise at night is definitely better than no exercise at all when you do other daily activities, but research shows that there is a set time for exercise. It can have much better results during the day. Apart from that, giving up and postponing exercise means that there will be a lot of excuses and it will easily destroy your motivation.
But when is the best time to exercise? It depends entirely on you and your life. However, here are the best times to exercise according to your goal:
- If you want to lose weight by walking, morning and evening will be a good time. One study compared the effects of these two times. Walking in the evening leads to eating more breakfast the next morning, so you can curb false appetites throughout the day and reduce the risk of obesity and overweight. Exercising in the morning and fasting can also be a good option for losing weight and regulating insulin sensitivity. You can choose the walking time according to your lifestyle. But it's best to get acquainted with the 13 benefits of exercising in the morning!
- If you want to build muscle fast and increase your strength, exercising in the evening is the best option. Because the body is energetic and warm and allows you to train with more strength. Consider 6 in the afternoon.
- Exercise is one of the strongest sedatives to deal with stress. Exercising in the morning can also help regulate your blood pressure and improve the quality of your sleep. In general, exercising in the morning can lead to deeper sleep and a feeling of freshness after sleep. These benefits will help you better manage stress and stay away from stress.
3. Forget the small muscles of the body
Undoubtedly the muscles of the arm, chest and thighs are more visible And they get attention, but you should not focus only on these core muscles. Stabilizing muscles are the muscles that hold the body in place when moving and doing work, and support the large muscles.
If you strengthen the large, moving muscles but forget the stabilizing muscles, protect yourself. You will be at risk for muscle imbalance and coordination problems, and you will suffer pain and injury. These mistakes may not seem like much at first, but over time they become very serious and can lead to a variety of problems such as inflammation, joint and muscle pain, range of motion, and injury.
You can also strengthen these small, important muscles by using exercises that use resistance muscles or involve a variety of complex movements that do not focus on just one range of motion (unlike movements such as the forearm).
4. Your cooling and recovery is completely wrong!
If your cooling down and recovery after exercise is limited to just 2 minutes of stretching and then showering, you need to change your schedule completely. This mistake may not seem very serious, but as time goes on, you will see a negative effect. One of the biggest effects is damage to your joints and muscles, which can lead to a variety of problems.
- 16 scientific ways to speed up recovery after exercise
One of the best ways to remove these knots and prevent injury is to use a foam roller. You can use a foam roller after exercise to recover your body well and relieve muscle cramps and fascia. This device not only helps your recovery, but also reduces pain and is a good way to treat low back pain.
Apart from this, foam roller has a positive effect on your brain and stress hormones. With this device, you can lower your cortisol level and stay away from mental and physical stress.
- 6 simple steps to reduce stress by controlling your body's cortisol level
So, plan to buy a suitable foam roller and get help after exercise. Also consider the following:
- Muscles that are best focused on with a foam roller, including the calf, the thin muscles, the IT band, the extensor extensor muscle, the pear-shaped muscle, The hamstring muscles become the hamstrings, quadriceps, large dorsal muscles, and pectoralis vertebrae.
- Doing one set daily may be sufficient. With a foam roller, all you have to do is massage the sensitive points for 30 to 90 seconds and apply pressure.
- Be careful not to just move the foam roller back and forth! You need to focus on the sensitive points and gently massage them so that the muscular, skeletal and nervous systems can work together and the cramps are better relieved.
- To improve the flexibility of the body, Go for dynamic stretching movements that focus on the same muscles. It will be great to do this before and after exercise.
- When using a foam roller, pay attention to the proper shape of your body.
- If you need more pressure, help your weight get. For example, if you are massaging your leg and want to apply more pressure, put your other foot on it so that you can put more pressure on the other leg.
- If you have a disease or movement problem Or if you are pregnant, be sure to consult your doctor. Roller foam is typically not suitable for people with uncontrolled high blood pressure, heart or other organ failure, skin lesions, goiter, cancer, blood clots, bleeding disorders, and some other problems.
5. You're forcing yourself to run!
You do not have to run and find it difficult, it's time to move on to another form of aerobic exercise. The key is to do what you love and can stick to. If you do not feel good about running and you know it is torture, then you should not do it!
If you decide to stick to your running, remember that "speed" does not matter that much. In fact, those who run slower seem to live longer. According to statistics, speed marathon runners do not experience any increase in life expectancy compared to non-athletes.
City and mountain biking and stationary cycling are good alternatives to running that can help You come. You have many solutions ahead. So, choose what you like from the various sports and enjoy your sport. You can also ask your friends to accompany you to have a better time and stay motivated.
- 5 benefits of a stationary bike and important things you need to know about spinning
6. Put a lot of pressure on your joints
Exercising on asphalt and hard ground can put a lot of strain on your ankles, knees and other joints. You should always wear appropriate sneakers that absorb pressure and impact, and also try not to exercise on asphalt. Also, be aware of the sports you do. Many sports, including Zumba, can cause serious damage to the joints of the body, especially if not performed properly.
In addition, gym flooring is very important. These pads can affect the joints of your feet and put pressure on your lungs if they are not properly made and hit your foot hard.
In general, you exercise and use it properly. With the right shoes, you can largely prevent these problems. But it is better to be careful on the field on which you exercise and for example do not play football or basketball on the asphalt, or for example try to run, leave the streets and run on the sidewalk or on the grass.
7. Rest between your workouts is completely wrong
Depending on the purpose of your workout, how much rest you take between each set and your workout will be very important. Here's a closer look:
If you want to increase endurance and muscle strength , you need to lift light weights and rest for 0 to 90 seconds between each set. The shorter the rest time, the higher the heart rate, which leads to increased fat burning and weight loss.
If your goal is hypertrophy, or volume , you need to grow Focus the muscles. To do this, you need to go for short rest periods to increase growth hormone and testosterone levels, especially in men. In this case, it is better to rest for 0 to 60 seconds. Of course, this amount also depends on the weight of your weights. The heavier you weigh and the more pressure you put on yourself, the more time you need to rest.
Finally, if you want to increase muscle strength and record your weightlifting Break , you should always use super heavy weights and set a new record every time. In this situation, rest is very important and you need to get rid of fatigue. Depending on your physical condition, you should rest for 3 to 5 minutes between each set.
8. Sometimes you forget to rest completely!
Excessive exercise and fatigue are a major problem Is. If you do not give your body enough time to rest and let the hormones adapt to the physical condition, you will face various problems such as injury, hormonal transformation, unhealthy metabolism, etc., and your athletic performance will decrease.
Although excessive exercise alone may not cause all of these negative symptoms, it can be accompanied by stress associated with poor diet, lack of rest, and insufficient sleep. In addition, too much exercise can lead to weight gain! Yes, you can actually increase cortisol levels by exercising a lot and thus more fat will be stored in your body. Exercise includes a variety of symptoms, including the following: :
- Changes in heart rate
- Sleep problems
- Increased pain and bruising
- Joint pain
- Early irritability, anxiety or depression
- Chronic fatigue
- Changes in appetite
- Abnormal thirst
- Digestive problems
- Irregular periods or changes in the menstrual cycle
In general, when it comes to exercising, you should remember that the less, the better! Some people may be able to exercise for hours and have no problems, but that does not mean you should not exercise. Therefore, know your body well and know your limit. Also, have plenty of time to rest, and if you experience these symptoms, be sure to stop exercising for a while.
- 8 Serious Dangers of Excessive Exercise
9. Do not get nutrients to your body
Exercising on an empty stomach can lead to fat burning. But this empty stomach is not suitable for everyone. And in fact, eating the right foods before exercise can increase fat burning in some people. If in the middle of training you find that you have no energy and can not continue, you should go for a proper pre-workout snack to keep your energy levels high and allow you to exercise better and more effectively.
A study of women who ate protein before exercise and women who exercised on an empty stomach found no significant difference. Therefore, you need to do something that is compatible with your body. If you think exercising on an empty stomach works best, be sure to do it. But if you find that you do not have the energy and can not complete your exercise program, be sure to eat a healthy and high-protein meal before exercise.
10. You do stretching exercises incorrectly
This is one of the most important mistakes that can endanger your health. Stretching exercises, as important as they are for muscle and joint health and flexibility, can damage your body if done incorrectly and cause a lot of pain.
You should first of all Use movements that do not put too much pressure on the knees, ankles and neck. The bottom line is that you do not have to make weird moves to get results. Even the simplest stretching exercises can improve the athletic performance and health of your limbs.
In addition, you need to be careful about how you perform these movements correctly. Always try to get help from a trainer to perform these exercises and stretching movements. If you want to go online, be sure to look at the photos and videos that teach these movements and compare them. .
. 6 8 .
. . . .
. . .
. .. Be sure to consult a specialist before using the recommendations in this article. For more information, read the BingMag Meg Disclaimer .
Source: Dr. Ax