The list of games participating in this year's biggest fighting game event, EVO, has just been announced. Key EVO works such as Street Fighter 5 and Tekken 7 are back as expected, but alongside them, some of the newer games are experiencing their debut for the first time. Observed the present. There is only one big exception, which goes back to one of the most popular fighting games of these years. According to an announcement released a few days ago, Nintendo has decided that none of the versions of Super Smash Bros. will be present at this year's event. The exact reason can not be determined, but this decision could be both because Sony bought the EVO last year and because Nintendo has prepared separate competitions for the Super Brothers game.
However, there are other popular fighting games on the list, and professional players can compete in these games. The list that has been released is as follows:
- Street Fighter V: Champion Edition - Manufacturer: Capcom - Platform: PlayStation 4
- Guilty Gear - Strive - Manufacturer: Arch System Works - Platform: PlayStation 4
- Mortal Kombat 11: Ultimate - Manufacturer: Warner Bros. games - PlayStation 4
- TEKKEN 7 - Manufacturer: Bandai Namco Entertainment - PlayStation 4
- THE KING OF FIGHTERS XV - Manufacturer: SNK PlayStation 4 platform
- MELTY BLOOD: TYPE LUMINA - Manufacturer: Project Lumina - PlayStation 4 platform
- DRAGON BALL FighterZ - Manufacturer: Namco Entertainment Band - PlayStation Platform 4
- Granblue Fantasy: Versus - Manufacturer: Cygames and XSEED - PlayStation Platform 4
- Skullgirls: 2nd Encore - Manufacturer: Autumn games - PlayStation Platform 4
Rick Thiher, General Manager of EVO, said in a statement: Will be brought to EVO 2022. "Nothing beats the energy of the international fighting game community as we gather for the EVO, and I look forward to seeing what happens when we start the next season together later this year."
Since the EVO was stopped last year due to the Covid-19 outbreak, the event will return this year. Founded by Tom Cannon, the tournament is one of the most popular fighting game events in the world, rooted in the tournament hosted in Northern California in the mid-1990s. This year 's event is scheduled to run from August 5 to 7.