Behind-the-scenes talks between Sony and Microsoft: Xbox guarantee is not enough for Call of Duty

Microsoft has stated in the past that when the deal to buy Activision Blizzard is finalized, it intends to go beyond Sony's current agreements with Activision Blizzard and for a period of time Release Duty on PlayStation consoles. However, the CEO and president of PlayStation, Jim Ryan, stated that this commitment was insufficient on many levels. It won't be over anytime soon, and the behind-the-scenes events have been unwittingly revealed to us.

BingMag.com Behind-the-scenes talks between Sony and Microsoft: Xbox guarantee is not enough for Call of Duty

Microsoft has stated in the past that when the deal to buy Activision Blizzard is finalized, it intends to go beyond Sony's current agreements with Activision Blizzard and for a period of time Release Duty on PlayStation consoles. However, the CEO and president of PlayStation, Jim Ryan, stated that this commitment was insufficient on many levels. It won't be over anytime soon, and the behind-the-scenes events have been unwittingly revealed to us.

Last week, Phil Spencer, president and CEO of Microsoft's gaming division, told The Verge website: "In January, we had a We presented a signed contract to Sony to keep Call of Duty on PlayStation, and this will guarantee the game on PlayStation consoles for at least several more years beyond Sony's current contract; It's an offer that goes beyond the usual contracts in the gaming industry. , includes the next three versions of the Call of Duty series, including Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. However, in a statement to GamesIndustry.biz, Jim Ryan said: "I had no intention of commenting on what I understand to be a private business dispute but since Phil Spencer has brought it to the public, I feel that I have to correct this recorded sentence."

He continued to say: "After the end of the current contract between Activision and Sony, Microsoft only offered to keep Call of Duty on PlayStation for three years. to stay After almost 20 years since the Call of Duty series was released on PlayStation, their offering was inadequate on many levels and failed to take into account the impact it had on us gamers. We want to ensure that PlayStation gamers continue to have the highest quality Call of Duty experience and Microsoft's proposal undermines that principle." And Markets will refer Microsoft's proposed takeover of Activision Blizzard for a second phase of in-depth investigation unless the two companies provide acceptable commitments to address concerns about the deal's impact on competition in the UK games market. In the United States, the Federal Trade Commission is currently in the second phase of its investigation, investigating whether the acquisition will significantly affect competition. On the other hand, the European Commission has not yet started the process of examining this proposal. Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick said in a letter dated Sept. 1 that Microsoft's takeover bid has received approval from several countries and that the process with all regulators is generally going as we expected.

However. All these reviews, it looks like this deal will finally be approved and Sony probably knows it. However, their comments are likely because they want to get firmer assurances about Call of Duty coming in the long term before the contract is finalized.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.