The purpose of microblogs is to attract attention. It is limited to those social media users who like a simple click to get all the information they need in a simple and short format. Most microblogs do not contain more than three hundred words in each post and use enough graphics and other forms of visual aid such as charts, infographics and photos alongside text media.
Microblogs, especially in The field of public relations is a useful and efficient tool, through which a company or organization establishes effective relationships with customers, colleagues and the general public that is beneficial to all involved.
What is microblogging?/h2>
microblogging is a special type of blogging that presents content in a shorter format. In fact, it is a more manageable way to assimilate and distribute content, because it produces and presents different types of information in a certain volume. Many experts describe microblogging as a combination of regular blogging and instant messaging systems.
Microblogs, also called small posts, allow individuals, businesses, entrepreneurs, or anyone interested in microblogging to Share content in small chunks of text, video, or images.
When the term was first coined, websites like Twitter, Tumblr, and Plurk They were created for the purpose of microblogging, but today most social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.) have added the microblogging section to the services they provide.
For example, on Facebook, you are a You have a section called (? What's on your mind) where you can basically create a microblog post. On Instagram, you can add images with short text related to the uploaded image. All of these types of posts can be related to your microblogging experience.
However, without a doubt, Twitter is the most popular microblogging platform with 206 million daily active users and the ability to monetize worldwide./p>
So if your business operates on social media, chances are you or your marketing team have created at least a few microblogs. These posts usually include updating your business (such as when you want to re-launch a particular product), a promotional message, or a custom article.
- 27 Important Steps to Shaping Your Writing Style Unique profession (Creative Writing Workshop 1)
History of microblogs
Twitter is a kind of convergence between the concepts of SMS, instant messaging, and It was mobile technology. In fact, the ability to send text messages has given way to newer technologies. These new text messages were able to be posted on social media and made visible to the public. This is how the world's first microblogging came into being.
In fact, Twitter, more than any other social network, is known as a microblogging service that has certain restrictions on the number of words and characters in each article. It becomes. In the Twitter microblogging service, users are limited in the volume of their content sharing. Other social media, such as Facebook and Instagram, are also known as microblogging services, although you can write much more in any of these environments than Twitter allows.
microblogging vs. Traditional Blogging
microblogging is fundamentally different from traditional blogging because its content is generally smaller in size and volume. A service Microblogs allow their users to share small chunks of content such as short sentences, unique images and video links. A small post, although usually less than 200 words, should still have meaning in its content infrastructure. This means that optimized keywords should be considered when writing a microblogging post.
Unlike traditional blogging, microblogging usually deals with simple topics, such as "what in Your mind "or" What am I doing now? " When used properly, microblogging sites can also help increase brand awareness and traffic to your website. In the business world, the purpose of a microblogging post is to let your clients/potential customers know What is going on in your business world at all times. The benefits of microblogging for business organizations can be the development of sales and marketing of products or even receiving feedback from customers.
- How to describe feelings and emotions? (Creative Writing Workshop 2)
Benefits of microblogging
microblogging It connects people on a more personal level, a phenomenon that creates a sense of familiarity between people and organizations or other content-producing businesses that is easily accessible through the devices of a mobile phone, laptop or tablet. microblogging gives people the information they need in simple language and in a simple, traceable format that allows the reader to quickly digest What they are reading and to continue interacting with the content creator.
Generally we can summarize the benefits of microblogging in the following ways:
1. It takes less time
It is not surprising that microblogging takes much less time from the writer and reader than regular blogs. Depending on the length of the post and the research behind it, writing a typical blog post can take up to eight hours.
But creating microblogging posts is much easier. In general, microblogs are less than 300 words long, so researching topics, creating images, and writing a microblog post should take an hour or less.
2. The number of posts increases
Due to the steps taken to create regular blog posts, this type of content is published once a week or even once a month.
Because microblogging posts can be created and distributed much faster The frequency of microblogging content production can be much higher. You can actually generate content on different platforms every day and sometimes several times a day.
If you are active on social media and generate a variety of content, you can start with two microblogging posts a week and Increase the number of responses you receive from your audience.
That way, you can stay in touch with your audience and make sure they don't forget you.
3- Sharing information is easier
Because microblogging is a combination of blogging and instant messaging systems, your micro-posts reach your audience in the shortest possible time.
Suppose you have an instant sales plan and want your customers Know about it. A great way to inform them is to create a microblog with this information and link to your website.
4. You are in touch with your customers
Blog posts can have They are comments sections and users can share your content, but with microblogs, it is much easier to stay in touch with your audience.
Given that most microblogs are generally on social media, viewing It's easier for your audience to respond to a particular post. Through comments, number of shares and likes, or even direct messages, you can much better assess your audience's reaction and adapt future posts based on it.
5. microblogging systems can be automated
creating posts with the tool (SocialBee) and using them to share posts , Save more time and money.
- Podcast Text Writing and Content Structuring guide (Creative Writing Workshop 5)
How to set up your first microblog ?
Know the key details about microblogging, let's see how you can get your microblog up and running:
Step 1: Choose your platform
Choose the platform (s) you want Microblogs It is very important to share in it. The reason for this is very simple: each platform has very different requirements and practices.
You need to know What makes posts successful on each platform, and customize your microblog posts to social media standards.
Here are some basic things you need to know about social media platforms:
More on the visual side of content You are focused
- Most people who use Instagram are between 18 and 34 years old
- Character limit is 2200 characters
- Hashtags They are very important (the maximum number of hashtags is 30, but the best way is to choose 11 hashtags with high focus.)
- The best time to post on Instagram is Wednesdays from 10 am to 4 pm
- is considered one of the most popular platforms on the Internet
- The population that uses Facebook is male users between the ages of 25 and 34
- Character limit 6363 Characters
- Although hashtags are not common on Facebook, they can be used if needed (one or two are standard).
- The best time to post On Facebook, Tuesdays and Thursdays are from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- More Known for its rapid distribution of information
- Most people who use Twitter are 25-34 years old
- Character limit is 280 characters
- Hashtags They are significant on Twitter (the best way is to use two hashtags that you integrate into the body of the microblog.)
- The best time to post on Twitter is Mondays and Thursdays at 8am
- An ideal environment for connecting with professionals in various occupations
- Most people who use LinkedIn are working people They are between 25 and 34 years old
- Character limit is 3,000 characters
- Just like most social media platforms, you can also use hashtags on LinkedIn Use (you should use two to six hashtags in each post.)
- The best time to post on LinkedIn is around 9am on Tuesdays and Wednesdays
Step 2: Choose the type of content
You can post any type of content on your microblog. Of course, you can also promote your content, or design content that keeps your followers informed and entertained.
Here are some examples of content that might be useful to you: p>
- Status Update - You can share news about a new project you are working on, news of a sale or launch of a new service, etc.
- Memes - You can create memes that are specific to your field of work or specialty
- Quotes - You can share quotes that inspire you to improve li>
- Infographics - educational content to provide background or additional information to your audience
- Videos - These videos can complement the textual information you share or can be independent >
- Links - These links may indicate the following:
- A blog post you just wrote
- Other useful articles that You have found
- news in your field
- products or services Ideally, it would be great if you could
try different types of microblogs and see which ones work best for
your particular audience.
Step 3 : Use automation tools
Most microblogs are set up on social media platforms, so using social media automation tools to expand the scope of your microblogging activity is ideal.
SocialBee is one of the best options on the market for online content distribution.
Here are some things you can do with SocialBee:
- Content creation and customization It creates different content categories for each platform
- Edit multiple posts simultaneously with bulk editor
- Create hashtag collections
- Post your schedule at specific times by creating a submission schedule for each profile and category
- Import multiple media files and links at the same time
- Audience status and report Receive posts related to your top performance
If you want your personal marketing or branding strategy to work, you need to use blogging and microblogging at the same time. Typical blog posts show your expertise in your business and keep your microblogging posts relevant to your audience.
So don't forget that microblogging is just one aspect of the multifaceted human communication charter that It is not capable of transmitting human content alone.