Iranians had a large presence in this year's festival. Saeed Roustaie had entered the main competition with Cannes after the acclaimed films "Forever and a Day" and "Six and a Half Meters" with "Leila Brothers", while Ali Abbasi, an Iranian filmmaker living abroad, had won a kind of award. Ken has 2018 in his repertoire with the film "Border", with the film "Holy Spider", which looks at the story of the famous serial killer Saeed Hanaei, had entered this section. On the other hand, Golshifteh Farahani had reached the main part by playing a role in the movie "Brother and Sister" made by Arno Deplushan, and Leila Hatami also participated in the Critics' Week by starring in "Imagination", Ali Behrad's first film./p>
Just hours before the announcement of the winners, the International Federation of Film Critics (Fipershi) awarded the international film Critics' Award to the villager "Leila Brothers", which will be awarded for the best film in the main competition. Before the Village, famous filmmakers such as Ingmar Bergman for "The Source", Andrei Tarkovsky for "Nostalgia" and "Sacrifice", Krzysztof Kieslowski for "Veronica's Double Life", Alan Rene for "Hiroshima My Love" And Luis Buol won the award for "King of Alamut". This is the first time that an Iranian film can win this award in the main competition section. After receiving this award, Saeed Roustaei, expressing his happiness at receiving this award from the critics and that he was able to follow in the footsteps of the greats of cinema, presented his award to the bereaved people of Abadan.
But tonight and in the section Main Awards: Ruben Stlund won the Palme d'Or for the second time after "Square" in 2017. Two grand prizes and a special jury award were also given jointly to show how closely the films competed with each other and the jury was unable to ignore competing films. South Korean cinema also came out full of cannons tonight, with Korean's unique star Sung Kang Ho winning the Best Actor award, while Park Chan Wook won the Best Director Award, previously for "Oldboy." He had won a grand prize.
But the Iranian films that were expected to take home one of the main awards tonight failed to win the award, but on the other hand, Zahra Amir Ebrahimi, who has been screened for years. The silver medal of the cinema was far away and, according to him, he spent his life in the movie "Holy Spider", he made history tonight and became the first Iranian actress to win the award for the best actress at the Cannes Film Festival.
Complete list of winners of Cannes Film Festival 2022
- Winner of Best Film (Golden Palm): " Triangle of Sadness" to Directed by Ruben Stlund
- Grand Prix (jointly): "Stars at Noon" directed by Claire Dennis and "Close" directed by Lucas Dont
- Special Award for 75th Anniversary of the Cannes Film Festival: "Tori and Lokita" directed by Jean-Pierre and Luc Darden
- Best Actress: Zahra Amir Ebrahimi for his role in "Holy Spider"
- Best Actor: Sung Kang Ho for his role in "Broker"
- Special Jury Prize (jointly): "Eight Mountains" directed by Felix van Khorningen & Charlotte Vandermiers and "EO" directed by Jerzy Skolimowski
- Best Screenplay: Tariq Saleh for "Boy from Heaven"
- Best Director: Park Chan Wook for "Decision to Go (Decision to Leave)
- Golden Eye Documentary Award: " All That Breathes" Directed by Shaonak Sen
- A Look Award:
- Foundation Award: "A Conspiracy Man" Directed by Valerio Ferrara
- Golden Camera Award winner: " War Pony" directed by Gina Gamel and Riley Keo
- Palme d'Or Best Short Film: "The Water Murmurs" directed by Jiang Chen
The 75th Cannes Jury was chaired by Vincent London. Julia Ducorno's "Titan" shines brightly. Along with her, Asghar Farhadi, the famous director of our country, Rebecca Hall, the British actress, screenwriter and director, Deepika Padukone, the popular Indian actress and producer, Nomi Rapas, the Swedish actress, Jazmin Italian actor and director Trinka, American director and screenwriter Jeff Nichols, Norwegian director and screenwriter Joachim Trier and French director and actor Lodge Lee judged Cannes films in the main competition.