Historical epic films have long been one of Hollywood's highest grossing works, and have often been used to showcase new technologies such as spreadsheets and coloring. Such films, with their ubiquitous scale, inspiring music and beautiful cinematography, attract the audience and allow them to experience the pivotal moments of history.
Due to the popularity of these works, many epic films have been made, but only Few of them, including Ridley Scott's latest duel, can be considered one of the best in the genre.
- Final Duel; Everything we know about Ridley Scott's epic and vengeful film
- Game of Thrones; 5 Tyrion Lannister Brilliant Plans (and 5 His Luck)
- Top 5 Movies Directed by Warren Beatty, New Hollywood Movie Star
10. The Last Duel ( The Last Duel )
- Director: Ridley Scott
- Actors: Matt Damon, Adam Driver, Ben Affleck
- Release Date: 2021
- Raton Tomitoz Score: 86 out of 100
- IMDb rating for the film: 7.7 out of 10
Ridley Scott shows his talent as a director and He has proven himself with best-selling films in various genres, from science fiction to historical epics. His latest film, The Last Duel, is a heavy and historical work that focuses on the story of the accusation of rape and the subsequent duel between a knight and his best friend.
The film, like other epics, marks a key moment in history. It depicts, because the duel in question is the last legal duel in the history of France.
9. Ten Commandments ( The Ten Commandments )
- Director: Cecil DeMille
- Actors: Charlton Heston, Joel Brenner, Anne Baxter
- Release Date: 1956
- Raton Tomitose Score: 88 out of 100
- strong> IMDb rating for the film: 7.9 out of 10
Few Hollywood history directors like Cecil DeMille exist They have their names tied to historical epic films. Of course, few of his films are as popular as the Ten Commandments.
This film, starring Charlton Heston as Moses, is a model for other epic and historical works, and the scene in which Moses with a cane The Red Sea itself is divided into two parts, it is amazing. Of course, special effects have improved significantly since the film's release. Like many other epics (including the last duel), an important part of the story is about the conflict between Moses and Ramses over a love affair with the hated princess.
8 . Ben-Hur ( Ben-Hur )
- Director: William Wyler
- Actors: Charlton Heston, Stephen Boyd, Hugh Griffith
- Release Date: 1959
- Raton Tomitosis Score: 86 out of 100
- strong> IMDb rating for the movie: 8.1 out of 10
50s was the golden age of epic and historical genre And many of the films produced at that time are considered classics of this genre. One of those films is Ben Hur, which currently has the same number of Oscars as The Return of the King and Titanic.
This film focuses on Ben Hur. He endured the torment of the Romans before being freed from slavery. Charlton Heston, whose name is synonymous with the epic genre, plays Juda Ben-Hur in this work.
7. Lawrence Of Arabia ( Lawrence Of Arabia )
- Director: David Lane
- Actors: Peter O'Toole, Alec Guinness, Omar Sharif
- Release Date: 1962
- Raton Tomitosis Score: 93 out of 100
- strong> IMDb rating for the movie: 8.3 out of 10
Epic works were not very successful in the 60's, but There were several films of that period, including Lawrence of Arabia, that were hugely successful. He is a man who has a unique perspective, and even as he struggles with his inner demons and duality about his identity as an English subject, he remains steadfast in his path. p>
6. Kingdom Of Heaven ( Kingdom Of Heaven )
- Director: Ridley Scott
- Actors: Eva Green, Orlando Bloom, Liam Neeson
- Release Date: 2005
- Raton Tomitose Score: 39 out of 100
- strong> IMDb rating for the movie: 7.2 out of 10
Heaven realm Like other Ridley Scott epics, a drama It is heavy and sometimes brutal, and its story takes place during a period of deep crusade. Orlando Bloom is Balian Ebelin, who plays an important role in defending the city of Jerusalem during the attacks of Sultan Salahuddin.
Makes the realm of paradise a work appropriate to its time.
5. Dances With Wolves
- Director: Kevin Costner
- Actors: Kevin Costner, Marie McDonnell , Graham Green
- Release Date: 1990
- Raton Tomitose Score: 83 out of 100
- IMDb rating for movies: 8 out of 10
Many historical epics took place in the early days but dance Set with wolves in the aftermath of the American Civil War, the story focuses on the story of John Dunbar, played by Kevin Costner, who struggles with the ugly reality of his white compatriots interacting with the Great Plains Indians.
4. ( Braveheart )
- Director: Mel Gibson
- Actors: Mel Gibson, Sophie Marceau, Katherine McCormack
- Release Date: 1995
- Raton Tomitosis Score: 79 out of 100
- Score </<strong> IMDb to the movie: 8.3 out of 10
Some movies are almost synonymous with the word epic, and Braveheart is one of them And it is considered one of the best biographical films. Bravely focuses specifically on the struggle of William Wallace (played by Mel Gibson) to try to prevent the British from conquering Scotland, their homeland.
This is a bitter, often brutal, and violent film. And corresponds to the period of time it depicts it. This film is not historically the most accurate historical epic, but it can still immerse the audience in a pivotal period of Scottish history.
3. Gladiator ( Gladiator )
- Director: Ridley Scott
- Actors: Russell Crowe, Joaquin Phoenix, Connie Nielsen
- Release Date: 2000
- Raton Tomitosis Score: 77 out of 100
- Score to the movie: 8.5 out of 10
Ridley Scott did a miracle with his movie Gladiator in 2000 that It attracted the attention of the general public to ancient Roman films. This movie is still one of the best gladiator movies. The story of Maximus, played by Russell Crowe who becomes a gladiator and eventually challenges the emperor himself, has become a phenomenon and is one of the most iconic epic films in the history of the genre.
In this film, all that is possible Ask for an epic like there is an exciting story and brutal violent scenes. This work has a great message: one's courage can change the course of history.
2. Troy ( Troy )
- Director: Wolfgang Petersen
- Actors: Brad Pitt, Dayane Krueger, Eric Bana
- Release Date: 2004
- Raton Tomitosis Score: 54 out of 100
- Score </<strong> IMDb to the movie: 7.3 out of 10
Following the success of Gladiator, many other movies such as Trojan themed Ancient times went on the cinema screen. The Trojan War is a retelling of the Trojan War, one of the most important armed conflicts in Western literature. Including the strong performance of Brad Pitt and Eric Bana as Achilles and Hector, two epic heroes whose fate is brutally and tragically intertwined on a battlefield outside the walls of Troy.
1. Titanic ( Titanic )
- Director: James Cameron
- Actors: Leonardo DiCaprio, Kate Winslet, Billy Zayn
- Release Date: 1997
- Raton Tomitosis Score: 89 out of 100
- Score </<strong> IMDb to the movie: 7.8 out of 10
James Cameron is another director who is very famous in Hollywood. And the Titanic is one of the reasons for this fame. As the title suggests, the film focuses on the sinking of one of the most famous ships in the world, but all of this is overshadowed by the love story between Jack and Rose.
The film became an Oscar giant and in Currently has the highest number of Oscars for a film. By accurately republishing the ship's tragic story, the Titanic deserves a special place as one of the most famous and best epic and historical works.