We know of series that may not be among the best in television history, but they were definitely unique in terms of running time. Some of these series are so long that even your grandparents probably watched them when they were young. From children's shows to daytime shows, there are many series that have been running for a long time and have become iconic as the longest-running series on television. "; The first days of the popular superhero
In fact, the series in this list are so long that options like "Supernatural" or "Grey's Anatomy" cannot reach them and have a place in this list. take A number of TV series have been running since three decades ago, and in fact many series have been running for years in the United States, the United Kingdom, and Japan. From soap operas to anime series to hit dramas, there are plenty of shows with these features to name. While there are too many long-running US series to go by, we certainly can't ignore the incredible British series that have been running for four decades or more and have become a model for other series. Many of these long-running TV series are still being produced around the world, and over the years, more and more audiences have been added to their viewership.
20. The Simpsons 32 years and still in production
- Creator: Matt Greenig Cast: Nancy Cartwright, Hank Azaria, Harry Shearer Year of release: 1989
- IMDbScore for the series: 8.7 out of 10
- Rotten Score Tomatoes: 85 out of 100
This cartoon family has been able to make several generations laugh and create happy moments for them over the years. The Simpsons was originally created in 1987 by Tracey Ullman as a collection of short stories, but in 1989 it was produced as a full series and became one of the longest-running television series in the field of cartoon series.
At first, this series was presented for children, but when those involved in it realized that adults also enjoy its sarcastic humor, they prepared the series in a way that is suitable for adults as well. This series was able to inspire big franchises such as "Family Guy" and "South Park", which are among the most popular and long-running series.
19. Another World - 35 years, its production has stopped
- IMDbScore for the series: 7.1 out of 10
- Rotten Tomatoes Score: 89 out of 100
Another World was one of the shows that fell victim to the declining popularity of soap operas in the United States. The not-so-glamorous series, which aired on NBC since 1964, ran for 8,891 episodes before ending in 1999. What made this series different From other soap operas of its time was that it did not focus on domestic life but discussed the differences between families in different social classes.
"Another world" From this It is important that he was able to bring up issues such as abortion on TV for the first time and break taboos and remove the ugliness of these issues in people's minds. The prominent actors of this series include Scott Bakula, Christian Baranski, Marcia Cross and Morgan Freeman.
18. Casualty 36 years old and still in production
- Creator : Ken Freeman
- Year of publication: 1986
- IMDb rating for the series: 6 out of 10
- Rotten Tomatoes rating: 83 out of 100
It may be hard for the people of the United States to believe that 17 years have passed since the production of the "Grey's Anatomy" series, but this is true. However, while such airtime is a record for a US medical drama series, it is nothing special compared to the UK. It is not.
This medical series, which began its production in 1985, and told the story of hospital employees and victims of various accidents, became so popular that four spin-off series were also made From it over the years. It has been produced and has won many awards.
17. EastEnders 37 years and still in production
- Creator: Julia Smith, Tony Holland
- Actors: John Burdon
- Year of release: 1985
- IMDb rating for the series: 4.7 out of 10
- Rotten Tomatoes rating: 70 out of 100
"EastEnders" is one of the British television series that has been broadcast in the UK since 1985. The BBC One series is set in a fictional East London neighborhood and follows the stories of local residents and their families. At first, it aired two 30-minute episodes a week, but later it changed to three episodes a week, and then five days a week since 2001.
This means that something like 6,500 episodes of This series has been produced for 37 years. Therefore, the series "EastEnders" was not only a long-lasting series and became one of the longest-running television programs in the world, but it also has a special place in British television because it often deals with topics that are taboo and deconstructive.
16. All My Children - 41, discontinued
- Creator: Agnes Nixon
- Actors: Susan Lucy, Kelly Ripa
- Year of publication: 1970
- IMDbScore for the series: 6.6 out of 10
- Rotten Score Tomatoes: 82 out of 100
This popular series started in 1970 and ended forever in 2013. The series "All My Children" focused on characters living in the suburbs of Philadelphia and was one of the first series to achieve a large percentage of male viewers, something like 30%.
After this series was stopped in 2011, it was aired again for a short time and another 40 episodes were produced until it reached 10,755 episodes and was able to become one to become one of the longest television series in the world.
15. Doctor Who 43 years and still in production
- Creator: Ron Greiner
- Stars: Jodie Whittaker, Peter Capaldi, David Tennant
- Year of release: 1989
- IMDbScore for the series: 8.6 out of 10
- Score Rotten Tomatoes: 90 out of 100
The Doctor Who stories have become a staple of British culture since they first appeared in 1963. Due to its clever stories and crazy technologies and the time lord who can regenerate his dying body, this series was able to shine well over the years and include various actors in its list of characters. Currently, the series "Doctor Who" is known as one of the main television series of fantasy and science-fiction genres in the world.
The classic Who series was broadcast From 1963 to 1989, but suddenly the BBC network without prior notice cut off forever. But Russell T. Davis, the main writer of the series, wrote the continuation of the series in 2005 and was able to restart it. This made "Doctor Who" find its own fans among the young generation.
14. Top Gear 44 years and still in production
- Creator: Brian Klein
- Actors: Jeremy Clarkson, Andy Willman
- Year of release: 1977 li>
- IMDbRating for the series: 8.7 out of 10
- Rotten Tomatoes Rating: 84 out of 100
"Gas Board" was one of the television series made in the field of car riding, which was released in 1977 with the presence of Jeremy Clarkson and Andy Willman on the BBC channel. While many Americans are familiar with the American version that premiered in 2002, the show actually aired in the UK From 1977 and ran for some 524 episodes, covering a wide variety of cars. show the audience.
But in 2002, when the BBC canceled the broadcast of this series, its production did not stop. The production team moved to Channel 5 as 'Gear 5' and the BBC decided to reboot 'The Gas Board' and it was here that the series became one of the longest running programs on television. It became a documentary that has continued to exist until today.
13. One Life To Live 45 years, discontinued
- Creator: Agnes Nixon
- Stars: Erica Slzak, Robert S. Woods, Roger Howarths
- Year of publication : 1974
- IMDb rating for the series: 6.8 out of 10
- Rotten Tomatoes Score: 83 out of 100
With more than 11,000 episodes during its 45-year run, the show was one of the most-watched daytime shows in television history. In addition, this series was one of the first series that put diversity in its agenda and did not focus only on rich families. Happening focuses on the wealthy Lord family, along with their Polish-American servants, middle-class Irish Catholics, and lower-class African-Americans. Finally, the broadcast of this series was stopped in 2013.
12. Saturday Night Live 46 years and still going strong
- Creator: Lauren Michaels
- Actors: Bill Murray, Will Ferrell, Jamie Flynn
- Year of release: 1975
- IMDb rating for the series: 8 out of 10
- Rotten Tomatoes Score: 77 out of 100
Lauren Michaels brought "Saturday Night Live" to late-night television in 1975, and it's still on today. . This program not only deals with various social issues such as race, social class and politics, but also tries to express these concepts in a humorous way. And Chris Farley was able to reach his peak in the 1990s and blossom the talent of many Hollywood comedians, including Eddie Murphy and Chewie Chase. Saturday Night Live is still one of the longest-running television shows in the world of comedy.
- 7 Top Disney Plus TV Shows Shaping the Future of the Marvel Universe
11. The Young And The Restless - 49 years old and still in production
- Creator: William J. Bell
- Actors: Christopher Saint John, Eric Braden, Sharon Case
- Release year: 1973 IMDb rating for the series: 5.1 out of 10
- Rotten Tomatoes Score: 73 out of 100
After almost five decades and over 12,000 episodes, this series is still going strong. This series initially focused on two families, one of which was rich and named Brooks, and the Foster family, which is From the working class.
But in the early 80s, after a series of changes, all the characters The primary characters, with the exception of Jill Foster, were removed and replaced with the Abbott and Williams families. Despite these changes, one of the stories that has continued until now is Jill Abbott's grudge against Catherine Chancellor, which can be considered the longest grudge in American series.
10. Emmerdale 50 years and still in production
- Creator : Kevin Leffen
- Actors: Mark Charnock, Dacey Campbell
- Year of publication: 1972
- IMDb Rating for the series: 4.8 out of 10
- Rotten Tomatoes Rating: strong> 72 out of 100
One of the other British series that is included in this list is the series "Emerdall" produced in 1972, which became one of the most popular daily dramas in Britain and also One of the popular TV series, its broadcast and production continues. This popularity has made about 9,000 episodes of this series to be made.
At first, this series was called Emmerdal Farm until 1989, and it told the stories of Sadden farmer families, who lived in the fictional village of Emerdal in They lived in York. But over the years, some of the main characters of the film died and new characters with more dramatic stories entered it.
9. Sesame Street 52 years and still in production
- Creator: Joe Reposo, Lloyd Marist
- Cast: Emilio Delgado, Sonia Manzano, Chris Novings
- Year of release: 1969
- IMDbScore for the series: 8.1 out of 10
- Rotten score Tomatoes: 79 out of 100
This series, which has produced around 4,500 episodes, is one of the most popular children's programs ever made. "Sesame Street" series, which has its fans not only among children but also among adults, contains short films, comedy sequences and cultural background. social issues related to universal education, equality and respecting each other's rights, but in fact, anyone who sits at the foot of this program will learn something From it. Some of the popular segments of the show include "Bret and Ernie" and "Elmo's World". Many famous guests such as Michelle Obama and Lupita Nyong'o have also appeared in this program.
8. Sazae-San 52 years old and still producing
- IMDbScore for the series: 6.1 out of 10
- Rotten Tomatoes Score:
After more than five decades and about 7,500 episodes, this Japanese anime made for children broke the Guinness World Record for the longest-running TV anime series. This series is based on the manga collection of the same name, written and illustrated by Machiko Hasegawa, one of the first female manga creators. His family lives and lives a normal life with love and respect in Japan after the First World War. Sazah woman is completely free and does not care about the opinion of the traditional society around her. Actually, Machiko wanted the character of her story to reflect a young Japanese woman who is free and carefree.
7. As The World Turns - 54 years, production has stopped
- Creator: Emma Phillips
- Cast: Kathleen Hayes, Maura West, Michael Park
- Release year: 1956 IMDb rating for the series: 6 out of 10>Rotten Tomatoes Score: 87 out of 100
After about 14,000 episodes, "As the World Turns" was canceled altogether in 2010 due to declining ratings. became Irena Phillips produced this series as a spin-off of her previous series titled "Guide Light". The main family that the series focused on was called the Hughes, all of whom specialized in the fields of medicine, law or theology. They were not interested in introducing new characters and addressing sensitive issues. These things made As the World Turns series, despite being one of the longest-running television shows in the world, to be remarkably conservative and therefore unable to attract a large audience. Helen Wagner was in this program for more than 50 years and was able to create one of the oldest characters in the history of television.
6. Days Of Our Lives 56 years and still in production
- Creator: Erb Stein, Phil Sogard, Albert Allar, Grant Eye, Johnson
- Cast: Christian Alfonso, Allison Sweeney, John Aniston
- Release year: 1965
- IMDb rating for the series: 5. 1 out of 10
- Rotten Tomatoes Score: 72 out of 100
The popularity of this series was not only due to following the good guidelines of the old watery series, but It made the audience attracted to it, but it was the result of the funny connection of this series with the famous comedy series "Friends", which went in favor of the film. It is known as one of the longest running TV shows in the world, From various actors and characters, which has been able to have a large audience. In the beginning, this series focused on the ups and downs of the wealthy Horton family. This family, which was initially considered to be Dr. Tom Horton and his housewife Alice, its elders, has maintained its centrality in the series over the years and most of the stories revolve around them.
5. General Hospital 59 years old and still in production
- IMDb rating for the series: 6.5 out of 10
- Rotten Tomatoes score: 70 out of 100
This series produced in 1963, which has been aired for about 15 thousand episodes, after Coronation Street, It is the second longest-running drama series in television history that is still in production. The series "General Hospital" has broken the record of the highest number of Emmy awards among drama series and won a total of 13 awards. The season focused mostly on the doctors, nurses and patients on the seventh floor of an unnamed city general hospital that later became Port Charles. In the following chapters, the range of his stories expanded, although after that, all the stories always ended with the characters whose work was taken to the hospital.
4. Coronation Street - 62 years and still in production
- Creator: Tommy Warren
- Stars: Helen Worth, Michael Le Well, Alison King
- Year of publication:> 1960
- IMDbScore for the series: 5.6 out of 10
- Rotten Tomatoes score: 70 out of 100
Coronation Street, which has been on for 60 years and has produced almost 10,000 episodes, is the longest-running television drama. is still in production and is the longest-running television series with an entirely British script. This successful and popular series narrates the lives of the residents of Coronation Street, which is one of the fictional streets of the working-class neighborhood of Wetherfield, Manchester. It is used as poverty and domestic abuse, apart From England, it is also spread in several countries such as the United States of America, Canada and Australia.
3. Eurovision Song Contest 66 years and still going strong
- Year of release: 1956
- IMDbScore for the series: 8.5 out of 10
- Rotten Tomatoes Score:
The world's longest-running reality TV show is the Eurovision Song Contest. The broadcast and production of this program, which started in 1956, was stopped for only one year. This series is a series based on real singing competitions, to which programs such as American Idol and Seda owe their existence. own it What makes this program even more interesting is that each country has its own style of music that may seem strange to other countries. In total, during these years, 52 countries have competed together.
2. The Tonight Show 67 years old and still in production
- Stars: Jimmy Fallon, Steve Allen, Jay Leno
- Year of release: 1954
- IMDbScore for the series: 7.1 out of 10
- Score Rotten Tomatoes: 74 out of 100
It's hard to believe, but The Tonight Show began in 1954 with Steve Allen as the original host. But over the years, Jack Parr, Johnny Carson, Jay Leno, Conan O'Brien and recently Jimmy Fallon have hosted and hosted it. So far, about 12,000 episodes of this program have been produced. and this program is still going strong, although its rating has dropped drastically during Fallen's tenure. All the evidence indicates that this series is approaching its 70th anniversary and after that it will become one of the masterpieces in the history of television.
1. Guiding Light 72 years old, its production has stopped
- Stars: Kevin Bacon, Brittany Snow, Lara Wright
- Year of publication: 1937
- IMDbScore for the series: 6.4 out of 10
- Score Rotten Tomatoes: 89 out of 100
This series has been around for 72 years (15 years on radio and 57 years on TV) and 18,262 episodes. Produced is the longest television series in the world, for which its creators were able to win the Guinness World Record. However, its production was stopped forever in 2009.
As you can imagine, various actors and writers have worked in this series, and this caused Can't see a clear story line in it. However, in general, it can be said that the series "Guiding Light" focused on the four families Bauer, Spaulding, Lewis and Cooper and their adventures in the city of Springfield, which has nothing to do with the city of the Simpsons.