Movies are a popular medium for many people. A fun way to escape the facts and immerse yourself in a fictional world. But sometimes life goes even weirder than movies. And sometimes it goes hand in hand with cinematic stories. Just like the Covid-19 virus has created for our real world. The corona virus has made some good movies about pandemics a reality. While we expect the end of the Corona story to be happier than the apocalyptic and bitter situation of the films mentioned, watching these films is not without grace for the person who has experienced Corona and can be entertaining and even instructive.
In this article Here are 20 movies about pandemics, viruses and quarantines.
1. ( Outbreak )
- Director: Wolfgang Patterson
- Actors: Dustin Hoffman, Renny Rousseau, Morgan Freeman
- < Product: 1995
One of the most well-known films about pandemics and probably the most popular is "Outbreak". An action trailer in the mid-1990s about the spread of a deadly Ebola-like virus that is spreading in California and parts of the United States.
2. ( Contagion )
- Director: Steven Soderbergh
- Actors: Kate Winslet, Matt Damon, Marion Cotillard, Jude Law
- Product: 2011
A very clever and scary disaster film. "Infection" is a clever sociological study of how people behave when faced with an epidemic. Trust us, this movie is very similar to the world around us today!
3. World War Z ( World War Z )
- Director: Mark Forrester
- Actors: Brad Pitt, Danila Kurtz, Meryl Anous
- Product: 2013
Half a pandemic and half a zombie-like apocalypse, "World War II" could turn the world into a world after the spread of a virus. Visualize the monster well for us.
4. 28 days later ( 28Days Later )
- Director: Danny Boyle
- Cast: Killin Murphy, Naomi Harris, Megan Burns
- Product: 2002
The film takes place in London and its story resembles "World War II": a zombie film and an apocalyptic post-apocalyptic film. The story of the film begins where a virus called "Anger Virus", which turns humans into zombies, is spreading across the UK.
5. The Andromeda Strain ( The Andromeda Strain )
- Director: Robert Wise
- Cast: Arthur Hill, James Olsen, Kate Reed
- Product: 1971
The film, based on the amazing novel by Michael Crichton, is the story of a group of scientists researching an unknown virus that A small town is killing people.
6. Quarantine ( Quarantine )
- Director: John Eric Doodle
- Actors: Jennifer Carpenter, Steve Harris, Columbus Shorts
- Product: 2008
Fans of The Blair Wizard Project will definitely love this movie. Why? Because the structure of this film is such that it is as if we are watching its story through a film loop that has been found. The film tells the story of a reporter and a cameraman trapped inside a building quarantined by the Centers for Disease Control.
7. I am a legend ( I Am Legend )
- Director: Francis Lawrence
- Actors: Will Smith, Alice Braga, Dash Mihuk
The story begins a few years after a mutant pathogen killed much of humanity or turned it into a monster. Robert Neville, a US military virologist, is trying to find a cure for the survivors of this deadly epidemic.
8. The Last Man On Earth ( The Last Man On Earth )
- Director: Obaldo Raguna, Sydney Salco
- Actors: Vincent Price, but Danny, Franca Batoya
- Product: 1964
The original adaptation of "I Am a Legend" is from this film. The story of Dr. Robert Morgan's journey to discover a cure and find the survivors of a virus that has killed half the world and turned others into monsters.
9. 12 Monkeys ( 12 Monkeys )
- Director : Terry Gilliam
- Actors : Madeleine Stowe, Brad Pitt, Bruce Willis, Christopher Plummer >
- Product : 1995
The film is about both pandemic and time travel. The story of James Cole (Bruce Willis)'s journey from 2030 to 1990 to discover the origins of an unknown man-made virus that will kill humans in the future.
10. Death In Venice ( Death In Venice )
- Director: Lucino Visconti
- Actors: Derek Bogard, Romulo Vali, Mark Burns
- Product: 1971
In "Death in Venice", composer Gustav Eschenbach travels to a residence in Venice to escape his personal and artistic stress. . The last thing he expects in Venice is trouble. But with a sudden outbreak of cholera in the city, his life is threatened.
11. Black Death ( Black Death )
- Director: Christopher Smith
- Actors: Eddie Redmin, Sean Bean, Caris van Houten
- Product: 2010
The story of the film is about the fourteenth century in England and the period of the outbreak of the cucumber plague. When the plague breaks out, he hires the knights of a young monk to lead a group of soldiers through the swamps to mysterious villages.
12. Red Death Mask ( The Masque of the Red Death )
- Director : Roger Corman
- Actors : Vincent Price, Hazel Kurt, Jane Asher
- Product : 1964
A horror film based on the novel of the same name by Edgar Allanpo. In a small village in twelfth-century Italy, two people who disobey the orders of a demonic prince are angered by him. The film has a terrifying atmosphere, and despite decades of making it, it is still scary and scary.
13. Influenza ( Flu )
- Director: Kim Sung-soo
- Actors: Zhang Hyuk, Su Ae, Min Ah Park
- Product: 2013
"Influenza" is a deadly image of the chaos caused by the spread of a virus through the air in South Korea. A virus that deliberately spreads in a city 20 kilometers from Seoul, the capital of the country, and causes great fear and chaos in the city.
14. The Cassandra Crossing ( The Cassandra's Crossing )
- Director: George P. Kozmatos
- Cast: Sophia Loren, Richard Harris, Martin Sheen >
- Product: 1976
Another classy classic with a mix of engaging actors and the unique music of Jerry Goldsmith. The most underrated film on this list is about an epidemic and a story about love, terrorism and an unknown virus.
15. Infection ( Infection )
- Director: Flavio Pedota
- Actors: Ruben Guevara, Leonidas Oberina, Magdale Gonzalez
- Product : 2019
When a new rabies virus turns people into aggressive zombies drowning in infection, a man goes to war to save his son's life. p>
16. Happen ( The Happening )
- Director: M. Knight Shyamalan
- Actors: Mark Wahlberg, Zoe Duchenne, Betty Buckley
Another apocalyptic drama about the spread of an unknown virus that causes people to commit suicide.
17. Blindness ( Blindness )
- Director: Fernando Mirles
- Actors: Julien Moore, Mark Raffaello
- Product : 2008
Adapted from Jose Saramago's famous novel "Blindness" about the outbreak of an epidemic leading to human blindness.
18. Bird Box ( Bird Box )
- Director: Susan Beer
- Actors: Sandra Bullock, Tront Rhodes, John Malkovich
- Product: 2018
One of Netflix's original products, which also revolves around a mother traveling with her two children during a virus outbreak that causes people to commit suicide. p>
19. Carriers ( Carriers )
- Director: Alex Pasteur, David Pasteur
- Actors: Chris Payne, Le Taylor Pucci, Piper Propo
During the outbreak of a virus that threatens to destroy humanity, four friends travel to the desert in hopes of preventing the epidemic. However, during the journey and as moments pass, they realize that their inner darkness can be more deadly than any virus.
20. ( Zombieland )
- Director: Ruben Fleischer
- Cast: Woody Harrelson, Jesse Eisenberg, Emma Stone
- Product: 2009
Zambiabad can not be considered a typical apocalyptic movie about pandemics. The film is a fun and entertaining work about an epidemic that entertains you well.
Source : PARADE