Making sequels in Hollywood is popular among movie studios, especially if these movies already have a large fan base and are ready. From time to time, however, studios surprise audiences by making a sequel to a decades-old film.
Sometimes actors or directors hesitate to return, and in other cases, a few years. It takes to understand the value of films and turn them into successful works. For this reason, it takes several years for some sequels to finally reach the production process. There are several sci-fi, comedy, and horror epics of the 1980s and other years, the sequels of which were published decades after the original, both in good quality and in poor quality.
- Everything we know about "Jungle Tour 2"
- Jungle Tour; The biggest secrets and unanswered questions
- 20 important films that will be released in cinemas of the world in the summer of 2021
10. Color Money ( The Color Of Money )
- Director: Martin Scorsese
- Actors: Paul Newman, Tom Cruise , John Torturo
- Release Date: 1986
- Raton Tomitoz Score: 89 out of 100
- IMDb rating for the film: 7 out of 10
Martin Scorsese is one of the best (if not the best) directors Gangster movies are in the history of cinema. However, he expanded his horizons in the 1980s. The Color of Money is a drama about two billiards players who go from one snooker club to another snooker club and defeat other players. It was first introduced in the amazing film Billiards. Released 25 years after The Billiards, Tom Cruise plays Fast Eddie's bodyguard, Vincent, and now, decades later, a trilogy can be produced that has a similar theme to Vincent.
9. Train Games 2 ( T2: Trainspotting )
- Director: Danny Boyle
- Actors: > Ivan McGregor, Johnny Lee Miller, Robert Carlisle
- Release Date: 2017
- Raton Tomitose Score: 81 out of 100
- IMDb points per movie: 7.2 out of 10
point game It was a turning point in Danny Boyle's directing career, and since then, in 1996, the filmmaker has made a wide variety of films. 28 days later, Boyle directed the enigmatic science fiction film The Sun, and even the small, insignificant family film Millions.
But 21 years after the first film, the director returned to Edinburgh. And at the request of Hollywood fans, he built Game Train 2. The film is not as bittersweet as half the original, and it actually has a somewhat happier ending than the 1996 film.
Tron: Legacy ( Tron: Legacy )
- Director: Joseph Kaczynski
- Actors: Jeff Bridges, Olivia Wilde , Gareth Hedland
- Release Date: 2010
- Raton Tomitose Score: 51 out of 100
- IMDb rating per movie: 6.8 out of 10
Throne's original film is a science fiction and influential film . The film did not receive much attention at the beginning and at the time of its release, but from then on, it became very popular. Theron: Legacy was made as the sequel to the original film, but is very different from its predecessor in terms of image quality.
This is because the original version was released in 1982, 28 years before the sequel. . Therefore, the film of heritage is much superior to the old effects of the first film. However, Theron: Legacy also looks old now, as it was one of the first films to use the character aging technique. And given the rapidly evolving aging technique, Jeff Bridges' aging face in the project looks a little strange.
7. Stupid and Stupid 2 ( Dumb And Dumber To )
- Directors: Peter and Bob Farley
- Cast: Jim Carrey, Jeff Daniels, Rachel Melvin
- Release Date: 2014
- Raton Tomitoz Score: 30 out of 100
- IMDb points per movie: 5.6 out of 10
6 . Mad Max: Fury Road ( Mad Max: Fury Road )
- Director: George Miller
- Actors: Tom Hardy, Charlize Theron, Nicholas Holt
- Release Date: 2015
- Raton Tomitosis Score: 97 out of 100
- IMDb rating for movie: 8.1 out of 10
Third episode of Max series Crazy Max: Crazy Max: Thunder II was released in 1985, 30 years before Crazy Max: Road to Rage. Interestingly, the film's director, George Miller, best known for his violent films, directed Khoshgadam 1 and 2 before returning to the popular series.
However Miller tried his best to make the film as good as possible, and had begun production and development years ago. There were a lot of catastrophic events during the production of Road to Rage, and the director was also constantly trying to find a good location and funding for the film, which eventually led to a delay in the release of the project, but it was worth the trouble, because the film was worth it. The fourth is one of the most influential action movies that has been released in recent years.
5. Bill & Ted Face The Music ( Bill & Ted Face The Music )
- Director: Dean Parchet
- Actors: Keanu Reeves, Anthony Crigan, Samara Weaving
- Release Date: 2020
- Raton Tomitose Score: 82 out of 100
- IMDb rating for movie: 6 out of 10
Ted is not a character In a movie like The Hunger Games, he shows his abilities, but he makes up for it with his humor. The first two films of Bill and Ted were very creative, and the two characters traveled to the past in the great adventure film, and then went to hell.
After the fake Journey in 1991, there is no more excitement And there was no incentive to make a sequel, but with the resurgence of Keanu Reeves and the thriller of the John Wick series in the movie industry, Orion Pictures seized the opportunity to use Reeves again. This film was released almost 30 years after the release of the second film.
4. Doctor Sleep ( Doctor Sleep )
- Director: Mike Flanagan
- Actors: Ivan McGregor, Rebecca Ferguson, Carl Lumbli
- Release Date: 2019
- Raton Tomitosis Score: 78 out of 100
- IMDb rating per movie: 7.3 out of 10
Shine is one of those movies that is so iconic and It is well known and embedded in modern culture that it seems almost impossible to build an equally good sequel. However, Dr. Sleep, though not as good as Stanley Kubrick's classic horror film, is one of the best horror films of the past few years. Loyal to Stephen King's novel of the same name. This movie is literally a memorable adventure in which Danny grows up and walks in the empty halls of the Overlock Hotel almost 40 years later.
3. Travel to America 2 ( Coming 2 America )
- Director: Craig Brewer
- Release Date: 2021
- Raton Tomitose Score: 49 out of 100
- IMDb rating for movie: 5.3 out of 10
Eddie Murphy was so inactive in the world of cinema until 2019, that with the movie My Name is Delmit, a fire broke out again in the soul of this comedian. After that, Murphy recreated one of the most beloved characters of his career, King Akim in the film Journey to America 2.
Journey to America 2 was shown more than 30 years after the first film. King Akim is not the only symbolic and memorable character of this comedian's career who returns to cinema. The film seems to be the beginning of many of Eddie Murphy's classic sequels, as Beverly Hills 4 is also in development. Blade Runner 2049 ( Blade Runner 2049 )
- Director: Dennis Villeneuve
- Actors: Harrison Ford, Ryan Gosling, Anna de Armas
- Release Date: 2017
- Raton Tomitoz Score: 88 out of 100
- IMDb rating for the movie: 8 out of 10
It was weird that The production studio gave the green light to produce Blade Runner 2049. Although the original science fiction film had gained a lot of fans in the 35 years since its release, it was not very successful at the box office. Blade Runner 2049 finally did the impossible. The film was supposed to be a sequel to a film that even on the scale of a standalone film would seem to have a perfect effect. The film's huge budget was almost $ 150 million, and its sales did not cover the cost of budgeting and marketing, which unfortunately wastes the chance of making another sequel.
1. Top Gun: Maverick ( Top Gun: Maverick )
- Director: Joseph Kaczynski
- Actors: Tom Cruise, Wall Kilmer, Miles Teller
- Release Date: 2022
Of all the Tom Cruise films except the Mission Impossible series, Top Gun Without a doubt, it deserves to have a sequel. Cruz seems to choose his projects based on how deadly their stunts are, and in Top Gun: Maverick we see that the stuntmen will have to jump out of the plane.
Top Gun: Maverick It was being screened, but the film was delayed several times due to the Corona epidemic (according to the Independent, the project will be released in 2022). However, the film will hit theaters the following year, in fact, 34 years after the release of the original film, and in it, we see Tom Cruise who has not lost even the slightest bit of risk-taking power.