A24 started out as a movie distributor but grew into a great movie production company; Now we can claim that this company is a regular in many of the most prestigious film awards in the world. The company's most famous works include the TV series "Euphoria", "Everything Everywhere All At Once", "Moonlight", "Room" and the horror film "Midsamer" ( Midsommar) noted. A24 has made a name for itself over the years by making distinctive works of art.
- 100 most popular horror films in the history of cinema selected by Total Film Magazine
* Warning: In the continuation of this article, a part of the movie story will be revealed The article also includes descriptions of violent scenes.
10- The Lighthouse h2>
- Year of publication: 2019
- Director: Robert Eggers
- Cast: Robert Pattinson, Willem Dafoe
- Score IMDb Movie: 7.4 out of 10
- Raton Tomitoz Score Movie: 90 out of 100
It exposes the audience to constant danger, and the surreal nature of the film evokes this feeling. The bizarre work by Robert Eggers, who recently had "The Northman" on the big screen, contains classic horror elements, an exploration of mythology, their masculine characters and personalities. In addition to all these psychological aspects, portraying the nakedness of violence, especially in the final sequence, is extremely disturbing. This violence is so great that any audience should be fully aware of it before watching the film.
- 10 Tips for Writing and Directing by Robert Eggers Builder of "Northern Man" and "Lighthouse"
9- Lamb ( Lamb )
- Release year: 2021
- Director: Waldmar Johansson
- Cast: Nomi Rapas, Hilmir Snyer Goodnason, Bjorn Helinor Haraldson
- Score > IMDb Movies: 6.3 out of 10
- Raton Tomatoes Movie Score: 86 out of 100
"Lamb" is a folk horror film that follows the story of the Icelandic couple Maria and Ingvar. They work hard on their farm, and the grief of their child's separation has brought them many emotional conflicts. Everything is in the most desperate state possible until one of the sheep on the farm gives birth to a lamb that is actually a humanoid animal. The presence of this lamb, who was named Ada, largely replaces their child in the lives of Maria and Ingvar, and the couple is more and more immersed in the denial of reality.
It turns out to be a worrying battle between man, animal and nature. Ada is rejected by the couple of the story, who believe that she is their child, from the group to which she originally belongs. Maria, on the other hand, has to deal with the biological parents of this humanoid moment who are not afraid to take their child back from standing up to the human race. Who can not cope with the death of their child and is willing to accept this separation to replace any creature regardless of race and status depicts him in the most skillful way possible.
8- Ivory ( Tusk )
- Release Year: 2014
- Director: Kevin Smith
- Cast: Genesis Rodriguez, Holly Joel Azment, Jennifer Schwalbak Smith, Harley Quinn Smith
- IMDb Score Movie: 5.3 out of 10
- Raton Tomitoz Score Movie: 46 out of 100
"Ivory" is a horror movie And there is another unique comedy from A24 that puts an end to physical horror. Kevin Smith made the film inspired by an episode of his podcast, and follows a podcast called Wallace Brighton whose job is to find and ridicule films that go viral on social media. Wallace meets a man named Howard Howe who is a retired sailor and falls in love with a boar; So the story podcast decides to travel to a remote forest to interview this strange man.
The story continues with Wallace suddenly fainting when he realizes that Howard has given him medicine and one of his legs. Has disconnected. It soon becomes clear that Howard is rescued as a child by a guinea pig who calls him "Mr. Ivory"; Thus, the half-mad man's boundless fascination with this creature causes him to have sinister thoughts about Wallace and to want to turn him into "Mr. Ivory"; So he begins to torture the man mentally and physically.
"Ivory" is a horror film based on physical horror, and much of it contains disturbing scenes of amputation, which can be disturbing to many audiences./p>
- The strangest movies in the history of cinema
7- Under the Skin ( Under The Skin )
- Release year: 2013/li>
- Director: Jonathan Glaser
- Actors: Scarlett Johansson, Christoph Haddock
- Score strong> IMDb movie: 6.3 out of 10
- Raton Tomitoz movie rating: 84 out of 100 "Under the Skin" horrorand sci-fi film Jonathan Glears follows a mysterious woman (Scarlett Johansson) who travels across Scotland to seduce men, but it soon becomes clear thatshe is in fact a space creature in It is a human shell, and its exact purpose in doing so is in a haze of ambiguity The overall feel of the A24sci-fi film starring Scarlett Johansson in the lead role is extremely disturbing and terrifying. As the story progresses, audiencesgain a better understanding of the female character, the narrative elements become more frightening, and ultimately what is as disturbing as the space is the understanding of the nature of being a woman in today's society.
- Release year: 2015
- Director: Robert Aggers
- Actors: Anya Taylor-Joy, Ralph Inson, Kate Dickey, Julian Richings
- IMDb movie rating: 6.9 out of 10
- Raton Tomitoz movie rating: 93 out of 100
- 10 films that Fans of Aggers Cinema, the director of "The Northern Man", should See
- Release year: 2017
- Director: Giorgos Lantimos
- Cast: Colin Farrell, Barry Kyogen, Nicole Kidman, Rafi Cassidy, Sunny Solgic
- Score </<strong> IMDb Movie: 7 out of 10
- Raton Tomitoz Movie Score: 80 out of 100
- Release year: 2022 >
- Director: T West
- Actors: Mia Gath, Jenna Ortega, Martin Henderson, Britney Snow, Owen Campbell
- IMDb movie rating: 7.3 out of 10
- Raton Tomitoz movie rating: > 96 out of 100
- 100 most popular horror films in the history of cinema selected by Total Film Magazine
- Release Year: 2018
- Director: Ari Esther
- Cast: Tony Colt, Gabriel Byrne, Anne David, Alex Wolf
- Score IMDb Movie: 7.3 out of 10
- Raton Tomitoz Movie Score: 89 out of 100
- Release year: 2022
- Director : Alex Garland
- Cast: Jesse Buckley, Rory Kinnear, Gil Rankin, Papa Acid
- Score IMDb Movie: 6.3 out of 10
- Raton Tomitoz Movie Score: 69 out of 100
- 6 Japanese horror Films Based on Folk Tales
- Release Year: 2019
- Director: Ari Esther
- Actors: Florence Pew, Jack Rainer, Will Poulter, William Jackson Harper
- IMDb rating: 8.3 10
- Raton Tomitoz Movie Score: 71 out of 100
As the character Johansson becomes more and more immersed in the revelation of human experiences, touches a variety of emotions including love, hate, fear, and so on, and is exposed to masculine attacks in disbelief. It shows the final scene of the "under skin" while separating its human shell, and is one of the strangest and most impressive moments of the film.
Finally, the visual aspects of "under the skin" should not be overlooked as much as It is impressive that it allows the audience to watch the whole movie even without sound and be amazed by its attractive images.
6- The Witch strong>)
"The Wizard" is Robert Eggers' first horror film, which tells the story of folklore in the heart of New England in the 1960s and, like the director's other works, focuses on psychological horror. . The film follows the story of a highly religious family who were expelled from their ancestral village for their religious beliefs and forced to live in an abandoned forest hut. It begins with the disappearance and killing of a family baby to produce a hallucinogenic poultice by a creature thought to be a witch, and continues with the production of blood instead of milk by the family's black goat. The course of events is gradually moving in the direction that the couple in the story is convinced that their eldest daughter, Tomasin, is the famous wizard, and that the devil has probably dissolved in her.
It is extremely difficult to watch many of the bloody scenes in the film; Because it happens first in the heart of a family and then it targets innocent children. However, what has established "The Wizard" as one of the best A24 horror films in the history of cinema is the psychological horror that can be felt throughout the film; What makes the story terrifying is neither the presence of the witch nor the killing of the baby, but the change in the beliefs of the family members as a result of these strange events and their movement towards a kind of rampant madness and madness.
5- Killing The Sacred Deer ( The Killing Of A Sacred Deer )
Giorgos Lantimos is known for making annoying films, but none of his works have as many of these characteristics as "Killing the Sacred Deer." The story is about a skilled heart surgeon named Steven who has a close relationship with a young man named Martin who is mourning the loss of his father and introduces him to his family members.
It soon becomes clear that Steven's concentration due to alcohol consumption during the surgery caused the death of Martin's father, and now the pangs of his conscience have led him to support Martin; Regardless of the fact that the young boy approaches the doctor's family with the intention of revenge and asks Steven to take the life of one of his family members as he took his father's life in order to establish justice, otherwise he will take action himself. And he kills every single one of his loved ones. "Killing the Sacred Deer" is a disturbing and terrifying display of every family's nightmare; that one day you will have to sacrifice one of your loved ones with your own hands to prevent the death of others and to protect the family. The psychological horror hidden in this film creates many disturbing moments for the audience and pushes them like the main character to the brink of emotional collapse. The story of this film met with widespread acclaim and won the Best Screenplay Award at the 70th Cannes Film Festival.
4- X ( X )
Note from the beginning that watching "X" is not at all suitable for children and teenagers due to its annoying content and scenes. The Slesher horror film was released earlier this year and received relatively good reviews. A24 puts an end to the horror of the Slashcher genre by making this film.
The story is about a young filmmaker who plans to make an adult film on a remote farm owned by an elderly couple. But this seemingly harmless couple is very different from ordinary grandparents and they decide to kill the young group and kill them in the most horrible way possible.
Watching many "X" scenes really It is difficult and there is a deep horror throughout the film that makes it an inappropriate and annoying work for many audiences.
3- ( Hereditary )
In any case, this film is considered one of the best horror works of several years. The latter is known to have many fans, ironically. Although "Inheritance" is not a movie we can suggest you watch with your grandparents, the intensity of the annoying and violent scenes is as great. We can recommend that you do not watch it alone.
2- Men ( Men )
This horror film, directed by Alex Garland, has just been released and has once again caught the attention of A24 critics with its relatively good reviews. Harper Marlowe is a woman who seeks refuge in a suburban town after the tragic death of her husband. The city seems deserted and a bit chaotic at first. One day, Harper meets a naked man in his garden and is constantly chased by the man. This constant, eerie chase frightens him. To simulate. "Men" is a play we suggest you watch with other A24 horror movie fans; Because not only is it scary enough, it can inspire engaging conversations.
1- ( Midsommar )
Aries Esther's immortal "Midsummer" is probably a happy and colorful movie at first glance. It may seem like it, but all you have to do is sit down and watch the initial sequence to realize that you are sorely mistaken and you are dealing with a film that is far more complex than it seems. "Midsummer" begins with a heavy sequence of murder and suicide, as a result of which Danny loses the main character of the film, his father, mother and sister. To escape the bad mental conditions he is in, he decides to accompany his mistress and friends on a trip to a Swedish village; A trip to participate in an ethnic festival that is held every 90 years. It soon becomes clear that Danny and his friends were inadvertently caught in the middle of a brutal sectarian ritual.
He keeps it alive. "Midsummer" is full of harrowing and brutal scenes, especially in the final third, which may be difficult for many audiences to watch. However, it is known as one of the best horror films of the last few years, and the iconic performance of Florence Pew in the role of Danny is undoubtedly one of the most prominent horror roles in the horror genre, which will be talked about more and more in the future.
Source: cbr </ a>